Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smoketjoe
    • Nov 2001

Please can some one help me with AVI to SES transcoding

Can anyone help me with taking the AVI files on my hard drive and compressing them and changing the extension so that I can burn them to DVD recorder and play them on my dvd player.I am new at this and I tried to burn a movie that has two parts into one file and I have not enough room on the disc and it takes so long to transcode it to DVD format. There must be a program out here that can transcode it faster. Please someone help me...
    And if you can help can you help in a way where any dumb ass can figure it out because I am the Dumb ass asking.....thank you

Joe
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

There must be a program out here that can transcode it faster. Please someone help me...

how are we supposed to help you?

faster than WHAT ?????

we definitely need more info from you on WHAT exactly you did, used, tried!

Comment

• smoketjoe
      • Nov 2001

OK I'm Sorry...I panicked a little but here's what I did...I opened up MYDVD and placed an AVI. file onto the menu when I go to record it to DVD it starts to transcode it into DVD format (.ses)I have the movie Harry Potter broken up into 2 parts 1st part is 59 minutes long..2nd part is 1hr16min long. To transcode the 1st file into .ses it takes about 5 to 6 hours so of course being impatient as I am I cancelled it out.. What I wanted to really know is what other program can I use to change the format of the AVI extension to a DVD extension to record onto my HP-DVD-WRITER dvd100i and then play back onto any DVD player. Also I wanted to know how to combine the 2 files onto one and have both of them fit onto 1 4.7gb DVD+r or DVD+RW...thanks for any help you can give

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

converting a low resolution file like harry potter back to a superb dvd format is a waste of time and material!

burn it as vcd/svcd and thats about it.
        Last edited by UncasMS; 27 Nov 2001, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• smoketjoe
          • Nov 2001

ok like I said I am new at this and what I am reading on these posts I have no clue as to what all these terms mean...if you can e-mail me at vze2wwm3@verizon.net with details on how to that I would be forever gratefull to you thanks

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

infos on vcd/svcd can be found here:

if your hp version is the TS release, burn it as vcd with nero or VCDEasy

Comment

• smoketjoe
              • Nov 2001

Ok I think I got it figured out...my only other question is how or what program do I use to compress the files...When I use VirtualDub I put all the information in and when I go to compress it an error comes up saying that I am using a Hack version and it will not let me go any further

Comment

• khitch12
                • Nov 2001

Now they have hacked virtual dub? That's as bad as ripping a screener to a 20 dollar blank dvd. vd is free so it cant be hacked avery lee is my hero and I dont know why a person would rip a movie to a blank dvd like that except certainly it could hold a collection of divx.

Comment

Working...