Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zombie
    • Nov 2001

Wtf

I'm having some trouble encoding and I was wondering if anyone has a solution for my problem...

I am currently trying to encode a DVD which has been ripped onto my hard drive. I load up DVD2AVI and start encoding the VOB files. After a few minutes...and programs just kills itself. Leaving the DIVX file cut off and incomplete.

This has also happened with trying to use FLASKMpeg, and eXtremeMPEG.

For a while I thought it was corrupt VOB files, so I re-ripped them to my hard drive, and I still get the same problem. I have used old DeCSS 1.2b, Smart Ripper 2.39, cladDVD 2.0, cladMDEC, and DVD Decrypter 3.0.0.8.

With all those ripping programs the outcome has not changed. Just at diffrent times the encoding stops, and the programs "dies".

Anyone have a clue on how to fix this?? If it helps at all...I will list my system stats:

Windows 2000
    1.4 GHZ P4
    265 MB RD ram

• khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Could be your ram overheating (RD ram has been known to do that ).
    Do you always get to the same point in the encoding ?
    Have you experienced stability problems with any other memory intensive applications ?
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Zombie
      • Nov 2001

I really don't know if my ram is overheating.

It's odd...with diffrent encoders I get to diffrent places before it dies. DVD2AVI usually goes the farthest...maybe because it's faster....and with flaskMPEG it usually quits after just a few minutes.

Well....if you consider playing Tribes2 and Unreal Tournament memory intensive...I have only goten a few memory errors when playing tribes 2. Then that good old blue screen came up and dumped all my memory.

So...should I just switch my memory back to SD?

Also...I have successfully encoded a full DIVX movie before on this semi-new RD ram.

Thanks for the reply.
      Last edited by Zombie; 1 Dec 2001, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

try using different (more moderate) ram settings in your bios

Comment

Working...