converting Mpeg1 (VCD) to AVI (Divx)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Melocco

converting Mpeg1 (VCD) to AVI (Divx)

I was wondering if there is a easy way to convert Mpeg 1 to Mpeg 4.. I have bought a few VCD's and was wanting to make a back up of them on my computer... I would like to convert them to DivX if I could... If there is any information on converting them, please let me know.... Thanks.... Melocco.......
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Any of the following (and others, I'm sure) TMPGEnc, VirtualDub, Flask should be able to accomplish this...

Comment

• Melocco

Yes, Thank you.. But I use VirtualDub and TMPGEnc now, but the Divx always come out like crap... I mean they are glitchy and the sound is out of senc. well this is what I do now... I just need to know if there is a easyer way to do it... and if so how..

I Start VirtualDub, Click File then open the mpeg 1 movie.. It takes a few minutes to interleave it, then I go to audio, and switch it to direct stream. Then I save the wav (File Save wav). Then switch to full pros. mode in audio, and click wav and then pick the wav that I riped from the Mpeg, then go to Video/compresstion and pick Divx 4 (I found that DivX 5 is worst then 4) and then File/save avi and name it and then save...

I have been told to rip the wav... But I have tryed it with out ripping the wav.. Direct stream and compress the audio with Mpeg layer 3 24kbps stereo.

If you know of a nother way to do it, please let me know... This way seems to give me jerky video, grainy video, and the sound it out of sinc, and some times jerky or even worst, in mono... Thanks again.... Mel...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I'd suggest that you experiment with the settings for the DivX codec...

Comment

• techno
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2001

ur better to use DIVX 3.11alpha - better quality and low low file size! trust me

Techno

Comment

• Melocco

Where can I get divx 3 at?? I have 4 and 5 pro (full version, cost me $30).. But I can't find divx 3 anywhere... If you have it or know where it is, could you let me know??? My E-mail address is webmaster@melocco.com and my website is http://www.melocco.cc (I have http://www.melocco.com but it's up and down for some reason)...... Thanks..... If you could let me have it I would owe you.... Please let me know.. Thanks........

Comment

• techno
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Nov 2001

Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates

it's divx 3.11alpha

Techno

Comment

Working...