Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FernE97
    • May 2002

Sound Skips

I used vob2audio to make a wav file for the sound using the list method and the first minute of it skips a lot and then its fine after that. I have tried it more than once and it came out the same way. In Xmpeg the audio from the ifo file played fine and didn't skip but I don't know how to do audio in Xmpeg. Does anyone have suggestions? I also have downloaded graphedit but I'm not sure how to use it to make a wav file.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Sounds like you are ripping audio from a multi-angle source. Try re-ripping the DVD files again, this time making sure you rip only one angle.

As a last note, Vob2audio works on the same basis as Graphedit, though it is much simpler to work with.

Comment

• FernE97
      • May 2002

Originally posted by Enchanter
      Sounds like you are ripping audio from a multi-angle source. Try re-ripping the DVD files again, this time making sure you rip only one angle.

As a last note, Vob2audio works on the same basis as Graphedit, though it is much simpler to work with.
      How do I rip only one angle? Also do you know what the x80, x82, x85 etc. means on the audio?

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Smartripper allows you to rip certain angles of a multi-angle DVD. As for your audio question, where did you get those numbers from?

Comment

• Ashtar
          • Apr 2002

Sounds like the numbers are from a parsed.ifo file or something. When I look at the stream data with Smartripper or I load the .ifo on ChapterXtractor I see some hex written near the audio track name, but its meaning beats me. Maybe it's a position marker or something, don't really know.

Enchanter, is Vob2Audio better than extracting audio with DVD2AVI (I mean, more control on the files or whatever) or am I safe following the way I'm used to?

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

I've always used Grahedit to extract my audio files (Vob2audio works on the same basis as Graphedit anyway). I haven't used DVD2AVI for extracting my audio and I've always liked the quality of my current method. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"Also do you know what the x80, x82, x85 etc. means on the audio?"

Those are the different (language) audiostreams included on the DVD...

Comment

• Erci
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Nov 2001

If it doesn't wotk with VOB2Audio try to use BeSweet. You can read about it in my guide at http://hem.fyristorg.com/dvdriping

//Erci
                DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

does besweet support extraction from vob files by now?

Comment

• Erci
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Nov 2001

You can choose your lst file instead of your ac3 sound but I have never tried it since I always get a ac3 sound making a d2v file.

//Erci
                    DVD Backup Guide

Comment

Working...