Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yoyolib
    • May 2002

Can someone help me?

K, I d/l spider man from Kazaa, it is said as a avi file but it only opens in the divx player. Than i try to put it on nero so I can burn it to vcd, it is said to be corrupted, now when I get a program to convert it, it tells me that the file is an audio file. Then when I use virtual dub, it tells me i need a VFW, video for windows codec to play the movie, it works in the divx player though.
    What the hell is going on?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

open your file in virtualdub or nandub and post everything you can find out on the FILE INFORMATION

Comment

• yoyolib
      • May 2002

Here is the info!

File name: (1/1) [TMD]Spiderman.Excellent.Cam.(1of2).avi

File size: 163,584,000 bytes

Length: 0 h 59 min 27,120 s

Compression: 98.98%; 0.245 eff.bits per pixel

Video stream: Microsoft MPEG-4, 352x288, 24 bit, 44589 frm, 12.50 frm/s, 310.85 kbit/s

Audio stream: MPEG Layer 3, 24000 Hz, 56.00 kbit/s, stereo

How do I change this into a VCD file because it won't let me, it says is not a video file, I plays in the DIVX player but it only has sound on everything else.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"How do I change this into a VCD file because it won't let me, it says is not a video file"

I'm guessing that A) the "it" you're talking about is TMPGEnc and B) The rror message is that it's "not a valid format" (rather than it "is not a video file")

You need to download and install the original Microsoft MPEG4 codec set...

Comment

• yoyolib
          • May 2002

do you know where i can download this?
          Thanks for you help!

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

go to my page, download tsunamis filterpack, choose custom installation and select the codec you want to install!

Comment

• xusiaofwindows
              • Jun 2002

this file appears to be a compressed PAL format. Are you using NTSC codecs?

Comment

Working...