Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FernE97
    • May 2002

NanDub Error

When I try to do the first pass in NanDub I get a "sylia script error" that says "Member 'SetQualityContol' not found."

Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

What were you trying to do until you get this error (ie. What are the procedures you were using)?

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

sylia is the avs script parser, mostlikely there is something wrong with your avs script. How did you create it ?.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• FernE97
        • May 2002

Originally posted by Enchanter
        What were you trying to do until you get this error (ie. What are the procedures you were using)?
        I was following the NanDub SBC encoding tutorial.

I Used the fake avi method through DVD2AVI. I don't know anything about an avs script.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

You are supposed to use a frameserver (it acts as a fake video file). Either vFAPI (Creates Pseudo-AVI file) or GordianKnot (Creates .AVS script, which you can otherwise write on your own, if you know how) will do. I hope you weren't trying to get nandub to open the .d2v (DVD2AVI Project File) file.

Comment

• FernE97
            • May 2002

Originally posted by Enchanter
            You are supposed to use a frameserver (it acts as a fake video file). Either vFAPI (Creates Pseudo-AVI file) or GordianKnot (Creates .AVS script, which you can otherwise write on your own, if you know how) will do. I hope you weren't trying to get nandub to open the .d2v (DVD2AVI Project File) file.
            I made an AVI file through DVD2AVI and this is what I am trying to use. If that still is the problem, how do I use GordianKnot to create an .AVS script?

Comment

• khp
              The Other
              • Nov 2001

Originally posted by FernE97

I made an AVI file through DVD2AVI and this is what I am trying to use.
              Did you use DVD2AVI to encode the avi file ?

Originally posted by FernE97

how do I use GordianKnot to create an .AVS script?
              Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
              http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

Here's what. Open the whole list of the VOB files in DVD2AVI (You know about this, don't you?). Save as Project AND give a name to the .d2v (NOT .avi) file.

Now that you have your DVD2AVI project file (.d2v), install GordianKnot into your system and use it to open the .d2v file. Make sure you download the full installer for it and not just the update. Find the option where it says Save (or Save & Encode). You shouldn't have much difficulty in understanding GK anyway. It's pretty intuitive, but if you have trouble, post back here.

Get GordianKnot here.

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

in case you would like to use DIVX5 you will need the gordionknot 0.26 beta UPDATE, too!

Comment

• FernE97
                    • May 2002

Thanks. I encoded one movie through GKnot and it came out really good. But I'm trying to encode another movie but the video in the end results looks like it is in 8x fast forward (skips many frames). What is up with this?

Comment

• Enchanter
                      Old member
                      • Feb 2002

I encoded one movie through GKnot and it came out really good. But I'm trying to encode another movie but the video in the end results looks like it is in 8x fast forward (skips many frames). What is up with this?
                      Elaborate on what you have done.

Comment

• FernE97
                        • May 2002

I followed the GKnot DivX 5 guide from doom9.org. I have tried encoding this movie several times and it never comes out right.

Comment

Working...