X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reycat
    • Nov 2002

Problem with Tsunami codec pack

Hello everybody!

This is a question for anybody... maybe for UncasMS, but any answer will be welcomed

The question is: I've just installed Tsunami codec pack, the one in UncasMS' web site, but now I've strange results. I mean, if I use AVI codec Viewer 0.7, I can's see DivX anywhere in the "VFW video codecs" tab. Neither if I use Virtualdub or "Avi Header Viewer 0.20". But if I use "Codec Viewer 1.5", there they are!

Anybody has an explanation? (maybe I've just confused different things, that wouldn't be strange )

What I really want is to have DivX codecs available in VirtualDub. Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

By the way, English is not my first language, so please do your best to understand my post

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

are we talking about the MINIpack or the full version?

Comment

• Reycat
        • Nov 2002

Originally posted by UncasMS
        are we talking about the MINIpack or the full version?
        It was the full version, but my problem has just been solved...

khp told me about this topic , and it works

Thank you very much, anyway... I found your web site really interesting

Comment

• Dynamic One
          • Feb 2002

Thanks for this great Tut. Will give it a try.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

you're welcome

Comment

• TerryC
              • Jul 2002

hey guys,

i can't seem to get the latest 2.6 patch to work. when i run the exe, a small windows appears and i click "patch it" and this opens up another "save as" windows, what am i supposed to do here?

also, my first attempt on encoding Castaway (PAL) was not successful and the final avi played with wrong aspect ratio (along with garbage at about 20% bottom of screen :confused, could the bug in version 2.6 have caused it? and yes, i have verified all my settings as said in guide.

thanks for help.

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

i never cared for the patch 0261

thus maybe reinstalling the complete pack WITHOUT the latest patch might help?

Comment

• mncward
                  • Dec 2002

While using the GordianKnot 0.26b + Divx 5.02 Pro GUIDE, by the way, the directions are user friendly, my final product found the audio to be out of sync with video by about 2 to 3 seconds. Tried the guide step by step 3 times using the movie Bad Company. Same result all three times. Audio out of sync. Can anyone help me with a possible solution to this problem. Many thanks to all.
                  Enchanter suggested to load nandub, sequence video and audio, and put in a delay. Still working this issue.
                  Is there a way to sync the audio with video during the normal compression while using your guide?
                  I am using the guide to do NTSC instead of PAL.
                  Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
                  Thanks.

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

gordianknot actually uses NANDUB for muxing
                    thus setting the correct delay in GK should lead to a perfectly synched avi.

in my guide i do, however, describe two possible ways of creating your sound stream and thus two ways of muxing it.

which one did you go?

vob2audio => manually muxing video and audio later on?
                    if so, it is the very same routine enchanter would have described to you.
                    more on muxing in 6.2 of the VIDEO & AUDIO MUXING part of my guide.

in case you let GK handle the soundprocessing through besweet take a look at part 4.1 AUDIO OPTIONS in my gk+divx5 guide!
                    you will have to instruct gk how to properly react on audio streams with delay

both cases should have been described. did you perhaps overlook the step of setting the delay?
                    did you set any delay yourself or did you find any delay-setting pre-selected by gk?
                    Last edited by UncasMS; 12 Dec 2002, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• mncward
                      • Dec 2002

Sorry for the delay in my response. I am in the navy and was underway on my ship. Thanks for the advise. I decided to use Vob2adio. Everything is working fine on other movies. Never did get the movie bad company to work. Your help was much appreciated. Thanks alot

Comment

• UncasMS
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2001

sorry to hear that and good luck for your future movies!

Comment

• Kevin AMD
                          Gold Member
                          Gold Member
                          • Dec 2002

i use this program to right now, it is only hard to work with at the beginning i think
                          Let's all try to help each other

Comment

• mncward
                            • Dec 2002

Need some help again please. I have ripped two movies, Men in black II and halloween resurrection, using SmartRipper. When I play the resulting avi files to see the outcome of the ripping procedure, the audio that is used is from the AC3 0x82 file. In both cases, it is the director talking about how he made the movie. When I use the Vob2audio program, I first get this error,
                            "Ligos splitter seems to miss an audiostream! Use the audioVob-option in SmartRipper! or use VobTools to delete first segment". Then when i click ok, the only file visible is AC3 0x82 file. I cant seem to rip the movies with the correct audio file!!!!! Any suggestions or recommendations on what I am doing Wrong?

Comment

• UncasMS
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2001

extract all sound streams via DVD2AVI and then convert the ac3 file(s) to mp3 with BESWEET

Comment

• mncward
                                • Dec 2002

extract all sound streams via DVD2AVI and then convert the ac3 file(s) to mp3 with BE

Thanks for the help. Worked like a charm. If I would have given it a little more thought, I would have figured that solution out. Again, thanks alot.

Comment

Working...