Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sean
    • Nov 2001

need some help..plz

ok here we go ive ripped a few dvd's succesfully into vobs and then converted them to avi file's..the vobs total 6 gig as there are 6 vobs but when converting tem to avi this reduced them to just under 3 gig which i thought was ok as i then rejoined them with virtualdub so the movie is complete ..well not quite i then added the audio to the film this worked a treat and then i split them up into 5cd's..then when i want to watch the complete film again i join them all up with virtual dub....but i then ripped pearl harbor which was 7 gig in total..then i used a program called RIP IT ALL to change them to avi format but after 3 hrs of converting it only reduced it to 6 gig...dont fancy putting that lot on seperate 700mb discs..any 1 know why this was reduced so little taking in the fact that mummys return was 6 gig but managed to get it down to 3 gig..i kept the resolution to 720x576 to copy to avi format as i wanted to keep the quality...

sorry for the long winded essay,any ideas or any other program i can use to convert vobs to avi's would be appreciated

sean
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

excuse my vocab, but your resolution is bulls..t.

please read a little on resizing, cropping and bitrates!!

a link to nickys guides is HERE

no offence meant, mate

Comment

• Homerlovesbeer
      • Nov 2001

UncasMS is right...u should be able to get it on 2 disks with good quality

Homerlovesbeer

Comment

• sean
        • Nov 2001

no offence taken we all here to help each other out...i got pearl harbor down to 3.4gig using the resolution 640x480 and split it onto 5 discs then when i want to watch it i just load each file in virtualdub and join them up again i know this all takes time but i think its worth it just to keep the quality...one thing tho the audio is set to a certain volume which wont let u turn it up..u can turn it down but only up to a certain db..is there a good program to enhance the audio b4 i sync it with the video

tx sean

Comment

Working...