How do you multiplex a DIVX and ac3 and split the 1 dixv file?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pinoysoldier
    • Jul 2002

How do you multiplex a DIVX and ac3 and split the 1 dixv file?

Ok Im using EASYDIVX and soo far its been great. It reduced my dvd to 1gb while the ac3 file was 330mb(5.1). But when it goes into multiplexing it just sits there for 4 hrs not even taking much cpu cycles as it was when it was encoding and decoding music/video.

So I was woundering if you got a program to combine a DIVX (.avi) file and the sound files (ac3 5.1) into 1 divx file.

ALso after that Im woundering if once this is all done what I will use to seperate the DIVX file into two so you can put it into a cd.

BTW when combining the audio and divx there wont be any delay in sound or the sound will be ahead of the divx right?
  • Mac Sidewinder
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2002

You can multiplex the avi and ac3 using Virtualdub or Nandub. Simply load the avi - select direct stream copy from the video menu - select the ac3 from the audio menu - select direct stream copy from the audio menu - then select save avi from the file menu.

As for splitting the avi - try AviSplitCalc. This program will split the file based on time (movie time) or filesize, your choice. Check for audio sync prior to splitting.

Mac

Comment

• pinoysoldier
      • Jul 2002

OK im using virtualDUB 1.4.10, and i do what you say but where and how do i select the AC3 file?

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

take a look here:

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Mar 2002

i would use nandub to split it as you can choose where to split it. where as AviSplitCalc will not take into account if its in the middle of an action scene. also remember to select a key frame to stop it going out of sync. any help needed just ask.
          MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
          Look here before posting questions

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Apr 2002

@hacker_on_fire - I know how to split with nandub or vdub but how do you determine how big the resulting files will be. It seems like everytime that I split, the file is too big or small (trying to keep at 700mb). Then I slide either forward or back and try again. Is there a way to tell percisely how big the files will be without the trial and error? You can't go simply by movie time since the compression of the movie is not the same throughout (if you follow me).

Mac

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Mar 2002

@mac sidewinder :

what i do is use the 'Goto last keyframe..' from the edit menu, and choose in this case 700mb. then you can either choose this point to cut o choose a point close to this so its not in the middle of a scene. that way its more accurate. normally the movie is about 1.35gb which leaves space for the latter option.
              MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
              Look here before posting questions

Comment

Working...