X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neha
    • Oct 2009

H.264 Encoder Bitstream

Hello Everyone,

I have implemented H.264 encoder and decoder but encoder output bitstream is not a standard one. Its kind of proprietory. Now I want to decode my encoded bitstream using VLC player. So for that bitstream should be standard one. Can anyone suggest me how to go about it. I have gone through standard, but its confusing. Can someone suggest me any tutorial or anything?

Thanks,
    Neha
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

maybe installing haali splitter and ffdshow can help?

with this installed "media player classic homecinema" plays everything fine for me

Comment

• Neha
      • Oct 2009

Hey thanks for the reply...
      but actually my problem is little different...My output is not standard output bitstream, so standard decoders wont be able to decode it... I need to make my output stream a standard one....for that I need to add headers n other things (i guess for every macroblock)...so how to add those extra things to make it standard output....that is basically my problem....I am finding "H.264 standard reference material" a bit confusing in that...
      Thanks
      Neha

Comment

• mfssfm4life
        • Aug 2010

i can understand ur prob neha...guess v r sailing on d same boat....can u help me if u find out anything ?

Comment

• hardikshuklay2k
          • Aug 2010

i am not sure if this is a right idea but i think the RTP dump provided with h.264 encoder and decoder can actually help you to add header bits to your bitstream.

Comment

Working...