Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enzoronald
    • Aug 2002

Low audiolevel

I just downloaded a bunch of OFFICIAL scene-xvid releases, and they all have a low audio level. Gotta crank up the volumebutton alot. ALOT...even this far, that im hearing the sissing noise of my stereo.

Does anyone know how this is possible...and possible to fix ?
    Thnx in advance for anyone that answers...

peace
  • Nacelle
    • Aug 2002

I had the same problem. Then I bought a Sound Blaster Audigy card and some Klipsch speakers. No such thing as low sound now!

Comment

• zbel
      • Aug 2002

!!

yeah, i got the same bloody problem here, anyone got an idea to get rid of this!!!??

Comment

• Nacelle
        • Aug 2002

Everytime I try to strip the audio and raise the volume with cool edit, it never seems to sync back up with the video again. I'm sure someone has done it succesfully. I gave up and upgraded my hardware. What kind of sound system is on your computer. It really does make a differance. Most people don't pay any attention to it when they are buying their comuter. If your using those $10 speakers that came with it, you have your culprit.

Comment

• zbel
          • Aug 2002

!!

The sound is FINE on my computer speakers, but when its connected to the tv its so low, i havent got probs with any formats tho!! Hmm, i guess ill have to upgrade my hardware !!! Downer...!

Comment

• Nacelle
            • Aug 2002

I didn't know you where hooking to a TV. Do you have a stereo to hook the sound to?

Comment

• zbel
              • Aug 2002

!!

yes i do, but i havent got any speakers for it . . . =(

Comment

• UkA
                • Aug 2002

What are you using to encode the audio?

Hi!

What are you using to encode the audio?

I generally use xvid and lame to do my encoding work, and often if the resultant wav file has a ver low volume i just use sox to adjust it to the max level possible without clipping (sox is a great tool for sound conversion in linux, but also it is compiled for windows...)

Download SoX - Sound eXchange for free. SoX is the Swiss Army Knife of sound processing utilities. It can convert audio files to other popular audio file types and also apply sound effects and filters during the conversion.

After adjusting the volume I encode it to mp3, and everything goes fine...

- UkA

Comment

Working...