• ACIDROP
    • Aug 2002

Divx and TV-Out

Hi
    I have an asus 7100 gforce2/mx 200 card with tvout
    I have a problem using the tv out..the card has a s-video tv out
    and i use a cable that came with card that converts the s-video
    to composite and then to the tv in..the problem is that i see
    black/white picture without color! (is this a problem of the card,cable or tv??)
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Did you make sure that the output mode of the card is set to what your TV is using (ie. PAL or NTSC)?

Comment

• Nacelle
      • Aug 2002

it's the wire

I had this problem with a Svideo to RCA adapter I bought from Radio Shack. $20 on the stupid thing.

Comment

• Glanz
        • Aug 2002

i bought that same adapter from cyberguys.com for 4.95 cause i went to radio shack and they told me it would cost 20.00 why cant u get urs to work

Comment

• Nacelle
          • Aug 2002

The plug was loose from the plastic case and the connections inside where lost. And All it did was sit behind the computer.

Comment

• Andy442x
            • Aug 2002

I have just purchased a s-video lead, and an s-video to scart adapter from radio shack (my TV doesnt have an s-video input), and also had the black and white picture problem. I found the problem was the TV. It set itself to scart1, but when i changed it to scart3 the picture was fine.
            Not sure if all TV's have 4 scart channels (mines only a cheapy btw) but it may be worth having a look.
            Why not try an s-video to scart adapter, which has inputs for composite, and see if that works, my adapter only cost £3.99

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...