Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • janichol
    • Aug 2002

inverting video

Does anyone know of an editing program that will invert captured video? Short story, I've got a wedding video (analog) that was taken upside down. Now that I've captured it, I'd like to invert it so it can be viewed without turning the monitor upside down.
    Thanks,
    Jay

yeah, operator error on the video camera!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Rather than altering (and possibly diminishing the quality) the video, simply use a player such as Sasami Player to view the video - and select the "Flip" option...

Comment

• janichol
      • Aug 2002

Good suggestion, but I also need to put it on CD and send it to some relatives. I'd like for them to view it in Real, MS or what ever they have. My sister is digitally challenged!
      Thanks,
      Jay

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

If the video is in either .AVI or MPEG1 format, load it into VirtualDub and apply the "Vertical Flip" filter to the entire video. Save with a new filename and VirtualDub will createa "rightside up" .AVI for you (even if the original is MPEG1).

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Nielchiano
          • Aug 2002

You guys are all right, but are also forgetting something. (You will probabely not notice it, but anyway

If the movie is filmed upside down, then the image is ROTATED 180°, not only verticaly fliped. You should do a horizontal flip too...

The only difference isthat people will have their watches on the right and stuff like that... However, if it's just a landscape it might even have a positive effect, that mirror
          We were all newbies once... and we all needed some help once, so lets once help the newbies.

Comment

• janichol
            • Aug 2002

I'd be willing to bet that once I flipped the video, I'd notice that the groom was on the wrong side... Or at least my wife would point that out.
            Sometimes it takes others to point out our mistakes before we make them.
            Thanks for the suggestions and heads-up, I'll try it and let you know.
            Jay

Comment

• Nielchiano
              • Aug 2002

Right! "heads-up" and "right side-right
              We were all newbies once... and we all needed some help once, so lets once help the newbies.

Comment

Working...