X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RnS2000
    • Jan 2002

problem with TV-out using Geforce 2 MX 400

Hi there.

well, strange thing is that once, i managed to see well Divx movies on my TV using the GeForce 2 MX 400 tv-out option. but never again since then !
    today, after format my computer, i get to see my desktop on the TV but when i'm starting to play a divx movie for example in BSPlayer (or WMP) the screen starts to "dance" (moving) from side to side very quickly and in result i cant see too much of it.
    now i did manage to get this: it seems that only when my CPU gets to higher performence, only then the screen does that so it somehow relate to the CPU. when the cpu is resting, the screen is very stable and i can see clearly.

I have:
    P-4 1.5 Ghz with 256MB RDRAM
    GeForce 64MB MX 400

can anyone please help here ?
    thanks
    RnS.
  • quade2002
    • Aug 2002

I had this card - got the geforce 4 now but the same in principle...

I think that there may be a few reasons for this -

1, you have to make sure that the secondary output (the TV) is set to TV and not monitor (monitors use higher refresh rates and resolutions than TVs so this maybe why its acting mental!)

Goto display properties, on the g4 you have to goto advanced and you will see 'vView' select the second monitor and make sure it is TV, and set to the right format PAL/NTSC/SECAM - otherwise hit DETECT DISPLAYS.

There are options for timings in the device settings option on the same window - its set to default, but there are a few other options...

The top resolution on the g2 is 800 by 600, try a lower res (640x480) -

2) If the screen is waving about - is it because the 2nd display (TV) has been set to autopan? This follows the mouse around so the screen may wobble...

Apart from that, check the cables (may have a bad connector) or is there any magnetic interference - radio, phone, etc near the bale or TV?

i have mine set to clone - so I get a second version of my desktop - drop the resolution to 1024(1024x768 on the g4 - 800x600 on the G2) on the main display and you will see an exact duplicate of your screen - in WMP make full screen and all should be ok...

Comment

• RnS2000
      • Jan 2002

thanks for your help....

anyhow, my friend gave me the 21.83 Nvidia's drivers and i insatlled it. i was surprised to know that, this solve me the problem....since then, i can watch Divx movies normaly at last.

anyhow, with your info. i get even better image Quality.

so thanks again.

RnS.

Comment

Working...