Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fecki
    • Jun 2002

no sound with div3

I have a problem, i see perfectly the movie, but have noisi sound when i play div3 conten, but no problem with div4 content or later.
    I have installed all tha codecs ( div 3.11 and laters)
    I use divxplus with my drx3 decoder
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

...i see perfectly the movie, but have noisi sound when i play div3 conten, but no problem with div4 content or later...
    It could simply be caused by bad encoding (the DivX 3 content). The DivX codecs have nothing to do with audio decoding. Try checking the file information of the 'noisy' file using Virtualdub and share the info with us.

Comment

• fecki
      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Enchanter

It could simply be caused by bad encoding (the DivX 3 content). The DivX codecs have nothing to do with audio decoding. Try checking the file information of the 'noisy' file using Virtualdub and share the info with us.
      the file is encoded with mp3, and everything else is ok?
      But it only happends with div 3 conten, with later codecs no.
      It may be cause i uses the divplus to see in the tv ( and i have a drx3 card and window millenium)

Comment

• Rooster6975
        Smart Chicken
        • Mar 2002

You haven't fully installed DivX3

After you install it, you have to run RunMeFirst.bat otherwise nothing gets installed. What you should do is reinstall the divx3 codec, making sure to run the runmefirst.bat file. Then reinstall the latest 5.02 codec, and when it asks you if you want to play divx3 files with the 5.02 codec, respond NO.

I have had that exact problem and this always fixes it.

The divx3 and divx4/5 codecs are different. You need both of them to play all movies. The divx3 codec is actually a copyright infringement to have on your computer as MS wrote it and did not authorize the hack job done on it. Divx4 (which includes 4.0x and 5.0x) are products of the OpenDivX project and are free for all to use.

Rooster

Comment

Working...