Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PCaravan
    • Jun 2002

Players

I'm looking for a player that can fast forward and rewind avi movies the way The Playa or DivX Player 2.0 Alpha does. When I use The Playa or DivX Player 2.0 Alpha, my computer crashes or freezes after watching the movie for a few minutes. Windows Media Player only does this rarely but I can't fast forward or rewind in WMP and moving the bar to the spot I need can be difficult and sometimes forces a crash. Does anyone have any suggestions.
  • Jhawk
    • Sep 2002

The only thing I've seen that's very reponsive is the TMediaPlayer component in Delphi. While it tracks good, it cannot smooth the video if you try to strech(zoom) it.

It looks you can only track to keyframes though.

If you want a (very) basic, quick 'n dirty player that uses TMediaPlayer let me know. (And give me a few days to work some stuff out. )

Oh and by fast forward/rewind, do you mean like a VCR or just jump x frames foward/backward per click?

Comment

• PCaravan
      • Jun 2002

I mean fastforward and rewind like a VCR.

Also, I would like a player that can play with good quality at full screen

Comment

• Jhawk
        • Sep 2002

Okay, then TMediaPlayer wouldn't work - fullscreen quality would be horrible.

Comment

Working...