• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LaFouine
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Dec 2001

MicroDVD subtitles and TVout

I have a GEforce 2MX video card with a TV out.
    When I play my DivX with MicroDVD, I can't see the subtitles on TV, even if I see them properly on my computer.

Does anyone know a solution ?
    Rip In Peace
    LaFouine
  • Wer-Al Zwowe
    • Dec 2001

Try a program called TvTool. You can download it from http://www.tvtool.de

Comment

• LaFouine
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Dec 2001

Did you have the same problem ?

TvTool doesn't work in TwinViex mode, but in dual View mode. Do you know some other program able to use TwinView mode ?

Thanks
      Rip In Peace
      LaFouine

Comment

• Nickmavros
        • Dec 2001

If you mean that the "transparent subtitles" feature is not working I have the same problem with you.I haven't used the tv-tool but I remember fixing that problem once because I saw two movies with transparent subtitles.
        The problem is that I don't remember how

I guess I made the tv-screen the main monitor (I did't use at all my computer monitor).
        But in twin-mode I can't do it.
        ....come to take a trip with me in Future World.

Comment

• LaFouine
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Dec 2001

Thank you Wer-Al Zwowe, with TvTools I see all subtitles without any problems.... so that's the answer to my problem.

But using TvTools, I discoverd that my video card (GeForce2 MX) cannot display transparent subtitles anymore (that's what MicroDVD tells me now). So I turned off transparent subtitles in MicroDVD and everything is OK. I just see a black brackground each time a subtitles is displayed.

BUT, before using TvTools, I used to see transparent subtitles on my computer, with MicroDVD. So my new question is : is there a way to configure the GeForce2 MX in order to let it accept overlays like transparent subtitles ? TvTools seems to interact with that function but I would like to find a specific program made for that...
          Any idea ?

I am clear enough ?

Thank you in all cases
          Rip In Peace
          LaFouine

Comment

• Berowne
            • Nov 2001

Slightly off topic, but did you get GeForce 2 to display on a TV when running windows 2000. I get a pink screen, even in VGA mode.

Comment

Working...