Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • murrayd
    • Oct 2002

another advice

By the way: if there's a way, DO NOT use those fancy codec packs, they are created for lazy people who new nothing about PC, but where the ON Switch and the mouse is. Perhaps in Urgent Cases, too.
    They may confuse or ruin your windows and you won't be able to watch this or that propery. Use only the codecs you really need - there are not so many of them!

Comment

• dRanged
      • Sep 2002

Re: another advice

Originally posted by murrayd
      By the way: if there's a way, DO NOT use those fancy codec packs, they are created for lazy people who new nothing about PC, but where the ON Switch and the mouse is. Perhaps in Urgent Cases, too.
      They may confuse or ruin your windows and you won't be able to watch this or that propery. Use only the codecs you really need - there are not so many of them!
      Yes I have just discovered this

Nemo is very comprehensive but it made media player (6.4) cactus. I've uninstalled and are going the old route by installing individual codecs as I need.

It did however made the Xvid movies much more like the eye candy they should be.

Comment

• crazy
        • Nov 2002

hey all,

ive seen both epII and spiderman (the 2CD versions) as well as the 2CD version of blade 2, i downloaded them off edonkey. All three rips are of excellent quality. I have also seen austin powers - goldmember(1CD) and that is ok as well and the reservior dogs rip.

To set the story straight both divx and xvid are excellent codecs, both have strengths and weaknesses. I like them both to be honest (sorry to sit on the fence on this one).

But im sure you will agree that both of these codecs being used to their full potential yield fantastic results which are hard to compare. While both are equally able to yield poor results as well which have obviously been seen. My view is that neither is really better than the other, it just depends on how well they are ripped and im sure most would agree on this.

Comment

• GaryW
          • May 2002

Just my $.02...

I've made both DivX and Xvid rips of Pulp fiction, Scooby Doo and Spiderman all caculated to fit one CD.

Simply put, Xvid looks great, DivX looks like crap. Xvid is my Codec of choice for dvd rips.

Others may have different results. Use what works best for you.

Comment

Working...