Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ch33z31
    • Sep 2002

DXR3, Divxplus, HH+, Win2k

Hi this is my first post so i hope someone can help!

I have been trying to get divx files to run from my machine using the creative DXR3 card. I am using windows 2k, SP3 and have installed hollywood drivers and divxplus as required for hh+ to work. I have installed the DVD station and that plays dvd no problem so i know it works. When i run HH+ load a divx file, it starts playing the audio and my tv flickers and then does nothing no video is diplayed.

I have searched many forums and people say they have it working, so i know it is possiable. What i would like to know is if you have it working what drivers are you using for the card. What opperating system and service pack are you using. what version of hh+ is running and any advice you can through my way.

Hope you can help ch33z31
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

I have used the "Release 2.2 beta (Build 139_5) June 15th, 2001" drivers on my win2k system. I have not tried HHplus. But with Divxplus it is possible, but extremely difficult to get a good picture. I have successfully used the following procedure

1) Start single instance of divxplus: black screen, with sound.
    2) Start another instance of divxplus: video and sound from both appear. But picture is messed up.
    3) Shutdown one of the two instances of divxplus: I get Video and sound, but video is messed up (picture have rolled about 100-200 pixels to the right)
    4) Repeating step 2 and 3 I get the same results over and over again.
    5) Shutdown all instances of divxplus, and repeat step 1-3: this will eventually give me a good picture. (usually takes 2-5 tries).

This has been done with SP2 for win2k and DirectX8.

Needless to say that I have long since switched to another much more stable solution, A matrox Marvel G450eTV. It's an expensive solution If all you want is divx playback on TV. But The quality is the best I have seen.
    Last edited by khp; 23 Oct 2002, 03:11 AM.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Asclus
      • Oct 2002

H+ with Divx

Man , can u tellme what system u are using for play divx with h+ tv out ???

on my system it not work

allways crash when i press play button

can u help me please
      i want see my movies on a TV

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

The above has worked on both a 750mhz Duron on a soltek SL-75KAV and a Celeron 900 on a MSI MS6337EP.

Comment

• Asclus
          • Oct 2002

help

ok, but can u tell me what OS are you using , and language of OS

Cause i have tried on a W98se ( portuguese version ) using DirectX 8.1 portuguese

divx 5.0.2 pro

Comment

• khp
            The Other
            • Nov 2001

Originally posted by khp
            I have used the "Release 2.2 beta (Build 139_5) June 15th, 2001" drivers on my win2k system.
            And of course the language is not going to matter. But if you must know I have used both english and danish.

But Divx5 might be the problem, back when I used it I was using divx4.12.

Comment

Working...