why the sound is not synchronize with the picture?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • icewind
    • Sep 2002

why the sound is not synchronize with the picture?

I used windows media player v7 play a avi file.But the sound dont sychronize with the movie, actually,all right at begin,but suddenly the sound became faster than the movie.
    I tried play the file with WinDVD,all right.why?
  • zetce
    • Sep 2002

Hi,
    I have the same problem. I testes different codecs and players.
    I noticed that my processor load is 100% when playing the movie so I suppose the reason can be to weak hardware which can manage to play sound properly but vidoe is too much for it
    what kind of hardware do you have? If not the bes tone - test your processor usage.

ZetCe

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Install and use the older, more reliable Windows Media Player v.6.4...

Comment

• icewind
        • Sep 2002

solved the problem ,thanx

Thanks zetec,I've solved the problem,it's just because my machine is too old,c566+128RAM,.I've removed the desktop,and make the system source around 90% after reboot.Then I played the movie again,and the sysmon showed the cpu's usage around 76-90%,and the sound and video
        synch all right. Thanks very much!

Comment

• zetce
          • Sep 2002

Hi Icewind, what do you mean by "I removed the desktop". maybe this helps in my computer, too . Can you explain me more exactly what you did to achive this?
          ZetCe

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

A few things you can do to lessen the demand on the CPU:
            1. Run your desktop at 16-bit colour and 800x600 (or even 640x480) resolution
            2. Disable all playback filters

Comment

• icewind
              • Sep 2002

sorry zetce, English isn't my mother language,so I haven't explained clearly. I means I removed the desktop paper,so the desktop is green now,and I deleted some shortcuts on the desktop,I also close some applications when start up,I just wanted to save more system resouce for the Media player. Because it is so Cpu consuming,I found now when I just rebooted I can play that avi file correctly, and if I do something else, the playing can be awful

and hello Enchanter, thanks for your word. And what can I do with Media Player, I haven't found any filter in it,doesn' t it have?

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

In order to disable the playback filter:
                1. Play movie in Windows Media Player 6.4
                2. Go to File -> Properties -> Advanced Tab -> Entry for the DivX decoder. Double-click on it
                3. You should see a 'quality' slider in the pop-up box. Slide it all the way to the left

Comment

• icewind
                  • Sep 2002

Yes,I found it in MP6.4.And in MP7 there is no the advanced tag
                  And after I installed the Divx 5.0.2 codec,I found there's a config.exe file in the
                  directory where you installed the codec,and use it you can change the playback quality and
                  other properties

BTW: When I play the divx movies in MP7,then I click the file menu,and the picture freezes.
                  Only the sound and the mouse can move,so I have to ctrl+alt+del to close it,perhaps my
                  computer is too old.

Comment

Working...