X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • domi
    • Sep 2002

xvid coded movie like in slow motion in media player

Hi people !

I got Star Wars Episode II coded by XviD. I installed the latest versions of codec (tried everyone). When I play the movie in Media Player (winXP) it goes like in slow motion. Sound is especially fun (also in slow motion)

Please help me what to do !
  • synchron
    • Nov 2001

I just got Grease - Same deal! Have no clue how to rencode this to VCD/SVCD. Hope somebody answers this......

Synchron.

Comment

• kr0-n0s
      • Sep 2002

I got Star Wars Episode II coded by XviD. I installed the latest versions of codec (tried everyone). When I play the movie in Media Player (winXP) it goes like in slow motion. Sound is especially fun (also in slow motion)
      Do a search for nemo codecs pack and download it. Unistall your divx codecs before installing the pack. Hope this helps.

- kr0

Comment

• Tumfan
        • Oct 2002

WMP XP playback

The slowmotion that can be seen is because a bug in the media player... play the file with wmp 6.4 (mplayer2.exe) and it should go just fine.. =)

Comment

• xvider
          • Oct 2002

HELP WITH XViD

i have also downloaded SW2 and i can't seem to get it to play for the life of me....I have downloaded every possible xvid codec, and player..all fail exept virtual dub...in virtual dub i can get the video but no sound...i think the sound is encoded in 5.1 ac3...is there a codec for that? media player 9 and mediaplayer 6.4 will not open the file..neither will real one player... How do i get sound can anyone help?

info on virtaul dub says...that the audio is

5 chanels..

Comment

• synchron
            • Nov 2001

One possible fix to get sound is to reencode the file (i.e to mpeg format). Tmpgenc can sometimes handle these ac3 files but you must make sure you bump the priority of the Directshow filter from its default (-1) to +3.

This did not work with Grease but it did work with some other films.

Synchron

Comment

• Blue lue Boy
              • Oct 2002

no no

cmon guys, the idea of including the ac3 stream is to have high-end sound tracks, don't spend hours on re-encoding that sound track we wanna play !...

to read avi/ac3 you just need to install the proper filters
              get them at doom9.net once you have them u'r just a double click away from the end of your sound problems.
              U can even use your S/PDIF Out if u have one (just another double click) directly with wmp 6.2 or even better, BSplayer.

Comment

• Blue lue Boy
                • Oct 2002

oh yeah, i almost forgot, many users seem to experience trouble playing xvid encoded movies in overlay mode, don't know why yet, but a solution is to dissable overlay : hit Ctrl+P in BSplayer and dissable overlay (any mode).
                For wmp, a simple trick is to open a video file (any type) stop/pause it and leave it in background while openning the movie you plan to watch. Tada ! wmp can't create two overlay surface, the second one will play geat 23.976 fps (or whatever frame rate the movie is...) you can then close the first video to free up those 904 Kb (!) used buy minimized wmp

Cheers

Comment

Working...