Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onesexyqtii
    • Sep 2002

movies won't play

Can anybody tell me why i can't play any avi or divx files I have downloaded from kazaa? All it shows is a black screen with no sound...yet the movie counter is moving as if it were playing. any suggestions?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Probably a phony file (always a risk when downloading rather than creating your own)...

Comment

• Rooster6975
      Smart Chicken
      • Mar 2002

Download and run GSPOT to check your file

You may simply not have the correct video codec which is often the case if you can hear the sound, but can't see the video. I think it is likely the film you downloaded is a DivX3 AVI, whilst you have only installed 5.02. You should installed DivX311a Alpha, and remember to click on RunMeFirst.bat after you have installed it. Then go back and try your movie.

If it still doesn't play back, then download GSpot and run it. Pick the movie you are having trouble with, and it will tell you what video codec you need. It will also tell you "Codec is Installed" or "Codec Not Installed". If you can hear the sound, I think it is very likely that your film is fine, you just don't have the correct codec installed.

Rooster

Comment

Working...