Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xantix
    • Sep 2002

I need a "Sound-Noise Filter"

I have a digital camera and I can make movies with it but its microphone is not very good and there is no way I can change it.
    So the sound of my movies is very low and accompanied with a constant noise (as if I was filming in the middle of a storm) due to the raise of volume I must make to ear something and that has nothing to do with the quality of my speakers.
    I was wondering if there was a software filter that could, well, filter that noise so that I could boost up the volume and get a crystal clear sound.
    Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Programs such as GoldWave and CoolEdit provide such capabilities...

Comment

• printergy
      • Oct 2002

"Sound-Noise Filter"

You have two plausible solutions:

1) Utilise a software noise-reduction application
      2) Record the sound separately on independent hardware, then mux the two elementary streams (audio and video) into a single stream containing both Audio and Video.

SonicFoundry has a great suite of products. I personally use SoundForge 6 with the NoiseReduction plug-in. For consolidating the a/v streams, you can use Vegas 3 or a specific muxer like M2-Edit Pro.

Good luck.

Comment

• Rincewind256
        • Sep 2002

Did you check all options on the DigiCam?
        On Sony DigiCams you can change the audio mix between the internal microphon and an extern mic.

Comment

Working...