Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gondo
    • May 2002

AC3 using 6-channel analog outputs

I have 6 channel onboard sound with RCA and SPDIF out. I am using Creative Inspire 5300 speakers which has no AC3 decoder or digital inputs, just 3 analog inputs.

I make DivX movies with .AC3 soundtracks. I tried playing them in PowerDivx but only get 2 channel sound. I checked the filter properties and the Intervideo Codec has 4 and 6 channel sound greyed out. I also tried playing the DivX in WinDVD after playing it in PowerDivX with no audio period. I reinstalled WinDVD and get the 6 channel output.

I assume the WinDVD filter gets deactivated if used in another programe? I also installed the Intervideo Audio Filter form both Nimo and Doom9 audio filter pack. Both have 4 and 6 channel greyed out in PowerDivX. So right now I am stuck watching my DIvX movies with WinDVD using the 6 analog outputs onboard.

Is there a way to activate 6 channel output in PowerDivX? Is there a better way to watch the movies with 6 channel then by using WInDVD? WinDVD seems to be working fine so far although I prefer the PowerDivX player. Is the 6 channel ouput from WinDVD the exact same as an original DVD AC3 using a home stereo or is it a simulated 5.1?
  • beatomen
    • Oct 2002

I have the excact same problem!!! Nothing I do can make the AC3 codec output to 6 channel analog! I talway downmixes to prologic (dolby_surround) wich sound good but isn't REAL surround!

Comment

Working...