Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Macross_Freek
    • Jan 2002

divx playback and tv out

i bought a new video card a few a days ago. an ati radeon 8500 le which has tv-out. it works out fine with windows but i when i try to play divx files and go full screen, nothing appears on the tv. it only plays in windowed mode. also when i play .mpg files and go full screen, it works but divx encoded files do not. is there a way to have it play on tv? if not why won't it play?
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

What player do you use?
    Do the files display properly on your PC?

Comment

• Glanz
      • Aug 2002

i was thinking about buying that card besides this problem how do u like it

Comment

• zetce
        • Sep 2002

Hi,
        go to properties of your graphic adapter, then go the Overlay tab and check Enable Rage Theater (or something like this). Then -independently what you have on the computer screen - you'll have full screen movie on your TV.
        Zetce

Comment

• Macross_Freek
          • Jan 2002

thanks a lot. it works now. i also found another way to do it but it's more inconvenient. in the displays tab it shows the displays and the there are these blue buttons. one wih a circle and the other 2 boxes. you can set the tv to be primary (circle) and your monitor to secondary (boxes) but then it won't show up on the monitor but it's another way.

anyway thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...