• Show
Clear All
  • promo
    • Oct 2002

XViD - green blurry blocks - help :/

I'm having problems with two releases one being the
    Austin Powers release by DVL and Bloodsport by RETRO

I have XViD installed
    (XviD-Dec-131002.exe), and nimo 5.0 build 8, when i view the movies i get shifty blurred blocks, sometimes green sometimes multicolored, does anyone know what is wrong how i can fix this?

I'm using Win2k server btw, and have tried this on a different Win2k server machine with the same setup and got the same result.. somene help me sorry arse, thanks.

• promo
    • Oct 2002

i've tried nic's binary and also koepi's .. same results

Comment

• promo
      • Oct 2002

i uninstalled nimo 5 and everything installed only koepi's xvid.. it works fine now! my question is
      now that i removed nimo what do i need to download

divx 3 and divx 5? or just divx 5.. ? and where can i get ac3? anything else i need for just playback?
      thanks..

Comment

• jackal_
        • Oct 2002

I have the exact same problem with DVL's Austin Powers 3..

Unfortunately it wasn't solved by uninstalling Nimo and then installing koepi's xvid binary. I've had people telling me to install nimo 7.0, as opposed to 8.0 since it worked for them, but none of this works for me :/

Any ideas are appreciated..

Comment

• FiniX
          • Oct 2002

Same problem

Same thing happens to me aswell im runing WinXP Pro with Service Pack 1 and Windows media player 9.1beta, greeny stuff come up with blocks i dunno how to fix this problem please help
          !!

Comment

• FiniX
            • Oct 2002

i have uninstalled nimo and it seems to work wonderfull now hehe

Comment

• pierrot
              • Nov 2002

Through a little bit of trial and error I've found that the problem is with the version of the ffdshow codec in Nimo50B8.

Comment

• crazy
                • Nov 2002

i had the same problem with blurred green blocks and stuff. I found that Goldmember wouldn't play but scorpian king would!. I think there may be a conflict in the nimo pack 8 as i also had problems with a band down the right hand side of my videos when i was playing compatable movies as well, so this is what i did:

I uninstalled nimo 8. You will also need to do a search for any files containing divx or xvid on your comp and delete those as well as sometimes they stay in your registry. For any of yous that were puzzled as to why you can still play the divx files after uninstalling this is why!(click start and find files and folders etc.). You may need to restart your comp b4 doing this otherwise you may get sharing violations etc.

I betta say this now: i dont know if this will work for those that make their own movies cos i only watch them .

Next i downloaded and installed nimo 7. I did the BASIC install and added a few things. this is what i had checked in the setup menu:

divx 5.01 codec, microsoft mpeg4, 3ivx 3.5 codec, avi synth 1.05 max, divx audio, fran. mpeg layer 3 codec, vobsub 2.12/ dierctsub vob2.12, ogg vorbis, divx antifreeze, ac3 audiodecoder, morgan stream switcher, divx player (some movies need it), help files.

I then installed the latest xvid codec seperately (which i downloaded). I know this is a hassle having to install different codecs but hopefully it will solve your problems. This leaves the xvid to do, well xvid and the nimo pack to do everything else.

This worked for me and i no longer have those bands on the side of my screen and those blurred images when playing austin powers.

hope this helps
                Groovy Baby!

Comment

Working...