X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liquidambar
    • Oct 2002

improper vbr audio stream.

hi all,

When I encode a dvd, I mostly insert a mp3 audio stream.
    the sound plays perfect, but when I open it with the latest version of Vdub, it shows a warning that an improper vbr stream has been detected.

I found this gives troubles if you want to convert the dvdrip to vcd. ( TMPGencoder doesn't regognize the audio stream ) just saving it to wav doesn't work eather, cause the sound will more and more get out of sync as ye watch the vcd.

I tried all command lines in Lame I can inmagine ( CBR, VBR, ABR, and the --alt-preset 128 command ) but every time I get the same warning in vdub.

any1 know what I'm doing wrong here ?
    I use Lame with the Besweet GUI.
    Also tried it with the Gordian Knot audio encoder. same results, only --alt-preset 128 doesn't work there.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The following procedure has ALWAYS worked perfectly for me:

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio

Simply use VirtualDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
    Load your original .AVI into VirtualDub
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
    Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).

Then close VirtualDub and restart it
    Set "Audio" to "No audio"
    Load your silent .AVI
    Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    Under "Audio" click on "WAV Audio" and load your .WAV
    Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose the appropriate .MP3 settings. Click on "OK"
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" and save your file with a new filename.

Comment

• Liquidambar
      • Oct 2002

I know of that procedure, and is works good, but it takes a whole lot of work to convert them in that way ( I make a great ammount of dvd rips, and mostly all are anime episodes )

so I'm looking for a way to inmediatly make a good mp3 conversion so the dvdrip will be good at the end of the final pass.

( for example reconverting 96 eps of Rurouni Kenshin series will take a great ammount of work to convert in that way )

any other options ?

Comment

Working...