Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • breezy
    • Oct 2002

Mpeg4cd Autorun

I was wondering if anyone new why everything works on mpeg4cd except for the cover? I tried every format and made sure the spelling was right but no matter what i do it just will not work. And it doesnt work on 95, 98, 98se, me, 2000, or xp for me. I would just use another launcher but I really like the simple features of this one plus the delay option is handy for my daughter if she incerts the cd it auto-launch then after a given amout of time it will start the movie. I did a search and found that other plps are having this prob, but i have not found an answer.

Could someone please help?

Last edited by breezy; 25 Oct 2002, 02:27 PM.
  • breezy
    • Oct 2002

Does anyone have any ideas concerning this program?

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

I have little experience when it comes to auto launchers, but anyway, you can give Mini DivX Launcher a try. I've had saatisfactory results from using it. All you have to do is create an autorun.inf file (An easy guide on how to create it is included), and put the file and launcher executable file in the disc (along with the movie file, of course). The movie will auto-launch everytime the CD is inserted, and if no codec is detected in the system, the required codec will be installed (I've not tested this part yet though).

Comment

• breezy
        • Oct 2002

thanks for the help, but i would like to use this program. i would just like to know how to get it to show the picture. if there is a work around please let me know. and if anyone has this program and has it working please let me know to see if that particular one will work for me.

thanks alot

Comment

• temporary129
          • Dec 2004

No Spaces is the Answer

Breezy, make sure that between each command there aren't any spaces. For example:

cover=Front_cover.bmp
          title=Bourne Identity
          codec=XviD-1.0.2-29082004.exe
          movie=Bourne.avi
          url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258463/
          delay=15

NOT:

cover= Front_cover.bmp
          title= Bourne Identity
          codec= XviD-1.0.2-29082004.exe
          movie= Bourne.avi
          url= http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258463/
          delay= 15

I enjoy this neat little program as well. The only thing that would make it better is an install Media Player button. All the other launcher programs I've found are pretty complex although they also afford greater control and features (like auto checking for a codec or media player version). I hope that answered your question.

Comment

Working...