X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richard_chen
    • Dec 2002

HI, sorry about that.
    I didn't mention that quite well.
    Here are the details. Two solutions (I found the other).
    1.If you install Nimo codec pack with basic, noramlly ffdshow will be installed too.
    While you are playing Xvid film with ffdshow, green mess probably happened. Thus if u play by wmp, click file->properties->ffdshow. Take a look at if Xvid was checked. If it was, uncheck that. I tried on 98/2000, I am sure that green mess was caused by ffdshow.
    2.Today I found a better solution. I installed the latest ffdshow(2002/6/17) instead of which in Nimo(it's older).If u overwrite the previous ffdshow, green mess will disappear without any complicated configuration.
    good lucks

Comment

• alisol
      • Sep 2002

Hi,

And tanx!
      Actually I unistalled XVID, and my computer continued to play my XVID movie. Then I uninstalled Nimo and my computer continued to play the XVID movie (with the green mess).
      Then I removed many things manually. Until The computer denied to play the XVID movie. Then I instaled FFDSHOW and I could see XVID without having XVID codec at all! (I had to add AC3 seperately).
      My question is now why? How the player choose and find the codec? I thought it was based on FOURCC, which in my case the FOURCC is XVID, but XVID is not on the computer and th eplayer run the movie with FFDSHOW!!! How does this work?
      Anyway, I can watch the movie, even I don't know why!!!

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

By default FFDSHOW will playback all DIVX and XVID content, so unless you deselected xvid playback during the FFDSHOW installation the FFDSHOW filter will playback xvid content.

Comment

• divxbloom
          • Dec 2002

Xvid solution

Hi, i just signed into this forum. i'm familiar with the xvid playback problem and the solution to this is very simple:

just download and install the ffdshow filter from SourceForge:
          ffdshow is DirectShow and VFW codec for decoding/encoding many video and audio formats, including DivX and XviD movies using libavcodec, xvid and…

the latest file is called: ffdshow-20020617.exe

keep your xvid and nimo codec pack installed! just add the ffdshow filter on top.

cheers! divxbloom

Comment

• alisol
            • Sep 2002

yeap, I have already done that and everything is fine now.

Just one more thing, when I checked the propertie under WMP looks like ffdshow is the default for almost all the codec : XVID, DIV3, DIV4, DIVX etc. All of them are checked!!

Comment

• Kapa_13
              • Dec 2002

Re: Xvid solution

Originally posted by divxbloom
              Hi, i just signed into this forum. i'm familiar with the xvid playback problem and the solution to this is very simple:

just download and install the ffdshow filter from SourceForge:
              ffdshow is DirectShow and VFW codec for decoding/encoding many video and audio formats, including DivX and XviD movies using libavcodec, xvid and…

the latest file is called: ffdshow-20020617.exe

keep your xvid and nimo codec pack installed! just add the ffdshow filter on top.

cheers! divxbloom
              .....man...you are the best!!!!
              THANX!

Comment

Working...