Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • De Joker
    • Aug 2002

Divxfix and video freeze

Is there another utility besides divxfix to check divx files for errors, because i have a 2 cd divx file with ac3 sound that plays ok uptill 75% and then the picture stops (freeze) but the sound goes on. Even if i move the slider forward or backwards the picture doesn't change.

I have tried it with different players and they all stop at the same spot. If i open it in nandub and do preview it plays ok. Divxfix doesn't detect any errors, what can i do to solve this problem.

Thanks, Robert
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

DivX AntiFreeze...

(You might also try loading the file into VirtualDub, setting both "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy", and saving with a new filename)

Comment

• De Joker
      • Aug 2002

Thanks i will try the divx anti freeze because i already tried the second suggestion and that didn't solve the problem.

Another strange thing is that when i try to split the file with nandub, eventhough the slider was at the midpoint of the movie (half of the total # of frames and playing time), the first file becomes much smaller than the second one and i'm not talking 1 or 2 Mb but more than 50 Mb difference.

Robert

Comment

• De Joker
        • Aug 2002

Well i tried them all, and non of them detected or solved the problem. Virtual dub is the only program that plays without stopping, but that is without sound.

Is my situation hopeless, help.

Robert

Comment

• De Joker
          • Aug 2002

Well, i tried a few more things. First i tried the rekey option in virtual dub, but then vdub crashed 2 times, so that was no help.

Then i tried to encode that part of the movie again, and guess what it freezes at the same spot so i thought maybe there is something wrong with the dvd rip.

Just to be sure i played the part i had just encoded again on my work pc (running Win 2000) that had no ac3 codec installed, and guess what the movie plays perfect only there is no sound.

I just installed the same AC3 filters i used on my home pc (running XP Corp.) on to my work pc and the movie still plays perfect.

So i think i can safely say that there's nothing wrong with the movie file, but with something on my home pc. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks, Robert

Comment

Working...