X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyMac
    • Dec 2002

Outa sync sound playback

Hey gurus,
    Just downloaded a rip of reign of fire in XVID. Picture quality is wicked, but my sound is way outa sync, and it varies too. This is the first XVID encoded file I've had so I dunno if it's software related or a bad rip. Sometimes it'll start allright and then by bout 5 minutes in she's gone again, so It's a progressive thing. Any thoughts would be most useful. The computers alright, P4 1600, 256mb ram and 16mb ATI 128 pro card. Got latest DivX codecs and the almost every piece of software related to XVID i could grab off the net.
    HELP! I WANNA WATCH MY MOVIE
  • ilona_g2
    • Dec 2002

sound out of sync problems with xvid

Hi,
    I'm having problems playing back xvid files too -the sound seems to be out of sync with the pic, did you ever figure out the proble?

Comment

• choad
      • Dec 2002

BSPlayer 0.85

I downloaded BSPlayer 0.85 and that seemed to fix the problem for me.

Comment

• mswat
        • Jan 2003

I'm having the same problem on two Windows XP systems - both with basic 32 MB ATI Rage Video Cards. My brother has a geforce3 deluxe and has no problems. The problem is that the video and audio are completely out of sync (3-5 secs+)

Now, could it be that the video card is not good enough for playing back xvid movies? This is what I have installed:

DivX502Bundle.exe
        XviD-04102002-1.exe
        NimoLitePack10.exe
        bsplay085.492.exe
        Windows Media Player v.9.00.00.2926
        PowerDVD XP v4.00

The CPU usage goes from 13% before running an Xvid movie to about 75%-85% while running a movie. I don't have any other problems running other memory intensive apps.

Comment

• swc3333
          • Apr 2002

This audio of this file is corrupted. To get it right:

1. Extract the audio (you can use VirtualDub)
          2. Uncompress the audio to PCM wav (you can use MusicMatch)
          3. Open the movie in VirtualDub, recompress the video to Divx (2-pass mode preferably); use the wav audio from above and recompress it to mp3, multiplexing it with the video

You will now have a in-synch, Divx version of the movie. Xvid is no good anyway.

Comment

• mswat
            • Jan 2003

The audio track is fine, same file works fine for my brother on his PC over the LAN (vid and aud are synced) - just two of my systems don't work. Which leads me to believe that it's a hardware issue (vid card) or a codec issue. Just haven't been able to figure out what the problem is yet. Hopefully someone can suggest some trouble shooting ideas.

Thx.
            Last edited by mswat; 5 Jan 2003, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• swc3333
              • Apr 2002

There are several builds of the Xvid codec, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the codec version. Try Nic's build, uManiac's build, and Koepi's build.

Comment

Working...