Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elbarto33
    • Dec 2002

divx audio

I've posted this in the software section, but I thought I'd post it here too. I had Nimo, but that messed up some of my xvid movies. So I removed Nimo and installed divx 3.11a and divx 5 by themselves (I have xvid installed already) and that solved the problem. However, now some of my movies have no audio when they used to have audio with Nimo. It says error downloading codec. So I know the files have audio, but I can't seem to get the divx and xvid movies to work at the same time. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• elbarto33
      • Dec 2002

Ok...I'll do that. I have to get virtual dub first. FYI...I looked at the file properties, and the only files that I'm having audio problems with are the ones that are not mp3 audio if that helps. All the ones that work are mp3 audio.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Chances are that the "problem files" contain .AC3 audiostreams - in which case you'll see a reference to "Unknown (tag 2000) in the audio section of the VirtualDub File Information window.

If that proves to be the case, download and install an .AC3 filter/codec - either separately or as part of a codec "pack". If it's part of a codec "pack" install ONLY the .AC3 filter/codec...

Comment

• elbarto33
          • Dec 2002

Here is what I get when I load the file in virtualdub:

Audio
          sampling rate: 4800Hz
          Channels: 5 (Stereo)
          Sample precision: 0-bit
          Compression: Unknown (tag 2000)
          Preload skew: 28000 samples (0.58s)
          # of frames: 23104
          min/avg/max/total frame size: 172/1024/28000 (231330K)

Hopefully this helps.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Now that my speculation has procven to be the case, download and install an .AC3 filter/codec - either separately or as part of a codec "pack". If it's part of a codec "pack" install ONLY the .AC3 filter/codec...

Just curious - Is there a reason you chose not to reflect the Video information that appears in the File Information box?

Comment

• elbarto33
              • Dec 2002

because I didn't want to have a huge box that takes up the whole page. Plus the video works, so I figured I'd save time and space. Thanks setarip...you rule.

Comment

• elbarto33
                • Dec 2002

Everything works now. Thanks for all the help setarip.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

(BTW, sometimes a comparison of the number of video frames to the number of audio frames can reveal meaningful information...)

Comment

Working...