X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

An Xvid .AC3-related problem?

Can't help but notice several different postings regarding downloads, indicating the same problem - video okay but, even with .AC3 codec installed, no .AC3 audio playback.

Perhaps the Xvid author(s) would be good enough to address and clarify this...
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

I'am not an xvid author but anyway...

I seriously doubt this xvid has anything to do with this.
    I would suggest trying some different AC3 filters.
    Doom9 mention an opensource AC3 filter v.0.61 on his site today. It has more features than I can count, and works very well for me, except that it was set to mute the output by default, this was easily fixable in WMP6.4 by selecting File->properties->advanced->'AC3 Filter'->properties->preset->standart.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"I would suggest trying some different AC3 filters."

Several of the posters, to whom I referred, indicated that they HAD tried (unsuccessfully) several different AC3 filters. Since each of these posters indicated the same problem occurring with regard to the same video/audio combination, logic would seem to dictate that this might very well be a problem specific to Xvid - hence my suggestion/request regarding a response from the author(s).

(You do understand that I am not one of those who has run into this problem - just trying to be the messenger to bring it to light)

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by setarip

Several of the posters, to whom I referred, indicated that they HAD tried (unsuccessfully) several different AC3 filters.
        I'am sorry I don't consider your sources to be the most credible bunch. Unless someone can show me some graphedit filter graphs using different ac3 decoders I simply won't trust this.

Anyways overhere Gweedo has problems with the intervideo ac3 decoder, but he also states that playback used to work (I would assume with another ac3 decoder filter). He also states that changeing the fourc code to DIVX, did not solve the problem, so the problem can't be related to the xvid decoder filter. And I have asked him to install ac3filter0.61, which when installed will get a much higher priority than the intervideo decoder.

Originally posted by setarip
        (You do understand that I am not one of those who has run into this problem - just trying to be the messenger to bring it to light)
        Yes of course (I do read the messages I respond to), I would have been alot more direct, if you were directly involved.
        Last edited by khp; 22 Dec 2002, 08:12 PM.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

From my experience, there appears to be no conflict with the XVID video+AC3 audio codec.

Comment

Working...