Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedge
    • Dec 2002

DIVX Players help

I love the quality of the official divx player 2.0 alpha v5.. however with the rips i made i have to play the files start to finish and cannot fast forward. The audio portion of the avi will restart from the begining. I can play the file in media player etc.. but the frame rate is not very constant. I get too much jitter. Ive tried almost every other divx player out there (about 10 of em) with the same quality as media player achieved. The picture may have been superior(similar to divx player alpha), but the frame rate fluctuated too much.. at times the movement is staggered.

I am starting to think my comp. processor may be to blame. athlon 850...

All my movies are 23.976 fps.. with a quality of 1500kbps or lower.. even the 950kbps one does the same thing.

Or rendering the audio channel.. (encoded as 48khz mp3 at 128k) may be to blame.. not sure
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I can play the file in media player etc.. but the frame rate is not very constant. I get too much jitter."

1) If you're presently using a more recent version, I'd suggest that you instead try the older, lower overhead Windows Media Player v.6.4 (From your desktop - Start>>Run>>MPLAYER2.EXE).

2) "Turn off" any unnecessary programs that may be running in the background.

3) "Or rendering the audio channel.. (encoded as 48khz mp3 at 128k) may be to blame" - Yes, this certainly could be a contributing factor (Despite what other posters may profess). You might first try reducing the frequency to 44,100Hz - and then, if necessary, additionally reducing the sampling rate to 96Kbps.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

Turn down the post processing

In wmp6.4 select File->Properties->advanced->'divx decoder filter'->'quality settings', and enable yuv extended mode and overlay extended mode.

Restart wmp6.4 and select File->Properties->advanced->'divx decoder filter' and move the quality slider to Min.

Or rendering the audio channel.. (encoded as 48khz mp3 at 128k) may be to blame.. not sure
      This unlikely given that it works in The DivX Player.
      Last edited by khp; 22 Dec 2002, 02:22 PM.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• fedge
        • Dec 2002

I forgot to say that i tried to imput a quality fo 44.1khz for the audio and it was BADLY out of sync.. by about 2 to 3 seconds.. (not something i felt like having to fix.)

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Simply reducing the audio frequency (in VirtualDub or similar) doesn't normally affect the synchronization...

Comment

Working...