X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mephiska
    • Dec 2002

bsplayer slower than mplayer2??

Hello all,

I've been trying to figure out this weirdness for a while now and am getting nowhere. I'd like to be able to use bsplayer on my laptop for watching divx files but it's choppy as heck. When I open the file with media player 6.4 they play quite well, yet bsplayer drops frames like mad and the video lags way behind the audio.

Here's what I'm using:
    PII 300 toshiba laptop
    FFDshow filters

The problem seems to be pretty filter independant. I've tried using divx 5.0.2, 4.1, 3.11, xvid, and all give me a clunky playback with bsplayer, supposedly one of the quicker ones.

This is with all the settings turned down in the various filters as well. BSplayer is playing files just as bad as winamp and wmp8. The Playa 2 build 5 plays files just fine but I'm not too fond of that player. I really want to use bsplayer.

Any ideas on what's causing this? I suspect there's some sort of codec conflict going on somewhere but I don't know what's doing it. Thanks for any help,

Jason

P.S. bsplayer is playing the files with the video flipped while mplayer2 plays them normally.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Newer versions of BSPLAYER's have issues with the FFDSHOW filter.

Comment

• mephiska
      • Dec 2002

Well, I uninstalled FDDshow and used the nimo pack to install divx 4 and 5 filters, both versions did the exact same thing, slideshow when played with bsplayer, perfectly fine with media player 6.5. I just can't seem to figure out what's causing this

thanks for the reply though, unfortunately, no-go.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

I believe in its default configuration the NIMO codec pack INSTALLS FFDSHOW as well.

Comment

• mephiska
          • Dec 2002

Reinstalled Nimo pack specifically excluding ffdshow and still getting crappy performance =(

Comment

• _id_
            • Dec 2002

I think I can help you because I already have the same problem. your prob is only a config prob, simply go to options of the player. in the video settings change the overlay metod to mode 1, the mode 2 is a problematc one. its all. here bsplayer work very fine.

Comment

• mephiska
              • Dec 2002

unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. My laptop's video chip doesn't seem to have an overlay mode so overlay is disabled. I also have to put force RGB or bsplayer complains that it's not capable of color-space conversions .

the video chip is a Neomagic Magicgraph256AV.

Comment

• _id_
                • Dec 2002

in this case maibe I can offer you anoter way, here this aparently do nothing diferent but maibe it can help you. there is an option in the same screen called "use old rendering mode". if you active or deactive it the player can work. (try to move the prostpose option of the codec Divx 3 or divx 4 topic in this menu to minimum if this option don't work)

Comment

• _id_
                  • Dec 2002

in this case maibe I can offer you anoter way, here this aparently do nothing diferent but maibe it can help you. there is an option in the same screen called "use old rendering mode". if you active or deactive it the player can work. (try to move the prostpose option of the codec Divx 3 or divx 4 topic in this menu to minimum if this option don't work). Anyway, sorry about my english, I am from Brazil and I'm not speak english very well.

Comment

• mephiska
                    • Dec 2002

Your english is fine Id, thanks for the help. At this point I think I've tried about everything, even what you suggested and nothing's working. Time to go looking for a different player =/. Thanks again!

Comment

• _id_
                      • Dec 2002

maybe if you turn off the force rgb probably work. but if it doen's work then I sugest 2 great player that can do the same thing of BS player (or almost hehe) their are Rad Light and micro DVD player. both open divx movies and both have subtitle options (to open .srt .sub etc...)

Comment

Working...