Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TreeTopp
    • Jan 2003

Audio/Video Synchronization Problem

I have a DivX movie file that plays perfectly in both the Windows Media Player and the DivX 2.0 Alpha Player. However, when I try to get it into a format so that I can burn it to a DVD the audio becoms desynchronized or there is no audio at all.

When I open the AVI file in VirtualDub 1.4.10 I get the following message --

VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during p rocessing for better compatabilty. This may introduce up to 89193 ms skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable (which it is), decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 113.5 + or - 28.2 kbps).

I have tried the above although I'm not sure I'm doing it right. The sound will then be fine at the beginning of the movie, but as it continues the sound slowly becomes out of synch with the video.

Has anyone encountered this problem before, and if so how did you rectify it?

Thanks for your help
    TreeTopp
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Simply use VirtualDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
    Load your original .AVI into VirtualDub
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
    Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).

Then close VirtualDub and restart it
    Set "Audio" to "No audio"
    Load your silent .AVI
    Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    Under "Audio" click on "WAV Audio" and load your .WAV
    Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose the appropriate .MP3 settings. Click on "OK"
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" and save your file with a new filename.

Comment

• YoDa2
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by setarip
      Simply use VirtualDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
      Load your original .AVI into VirtualDub
      From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
      Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
      Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).

Then close VirtualDub and restart it
      Set "Audio" to "No audio"
      Load your silent .AVI
      Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
      Under "Audio" click on "WAV Audio" and load your .WAV
      Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
      From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose the appropriate .MP3 settings. Click on "OK"
      From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" and save your file with a new filename.
      Man you saved me again. Thanx 4 these tips, it finally works now!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To YoDa2

"Man you saved me again. Thanx 4 these tips, it finally works now!"

My pleasure ;>}

Let's hope the information helped Tree Topp, the creator of this thread...

Comment

• Dante Sweethear
          • Jul 2003

i tryed that with a video that does not work well at all with the sound, nothing sounds like the way it should.
          In the audio codec compression, what do i choose there if it says it should be bitrate 82,9 - 9,1 kbps?

Comment

Working...