Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shaun24601
    • Jan 2003

yet another video/audio xvid problem

i apologize, since i'm sure you guys get these sort of questions again and again. but i'm pretty new to this, and to xvid, and i spent alot of time downloading this damn video. lol i ain't about to give up now.

the problem: at first, i got done downloading The_Ring(2002).CD1.ViTE.DVD_Screener.ShareReactor.
    i forgot the vid need the xvid codec, so i downloaded that, and the picture was fine; but no sound! took everyone's advice, and downloaded the nimo codec pack. i got picture, AND sound. but both is totally out of sync. i've tried a couple things. tried out different players like BSPlayer, WinDVD, my ATI media player, (doesn't work in WMP 9 for some reason). all those players can play the file. as i watched it, i noticed at different points during the movie, that the audio and vid is out of sync. then i also noticed that the audio and video is peferfectly in sync. the conclusion i came up with is, that the video is choppy. and i'm thinking it's because i installed the nimo pack. if i play the vid, with only just the xvid codec, the playback is sharp, and doesn't lag. but after i install all the nimo codecs and stuff, i noticed that the video lags at different points. the audio is fine i think.

again, i'm new to this stuff. all i'm interested in, is watching this dang thing, and burning it to SVCD, so i can show it to all my friends, and be happy.

whats the easiest way to do this? any help is greatly appreciated!!!!
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

does the sound gradually get behind, or ahead? or does it catch up with the video?
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

Working...