Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bunkermania
    • Mar 2002

Some problems solved but some remain

I have had problems with Xvid and after help here I have solved some of them. I have installed Divx5, Latest Xvid from koepi and nimo custom install + xvid under video. This made my able to play
    12.30.02.The.Ring.DVDScr.XViD-ViTE without the green fuzzy picture (the sound came when I installed nimo). I also got rid of the green picture from 01.12.03.8.Mile.DVDSCR.XViD-DVL.

But I still can't open My.Big.Fat.Greek.Wedding.DVD.SCREENER.XviD-KSi.

I launched it in VirtualDub and I got some error answers and it rebuild the index before it could open, but at least I could open it and get the file information. I include a picture of the file info and I hope someone here can help me solve my last problem so I can watch this movie too.

Please tell me what I have to do to get this one right.

Thanks in advance.

Bunkermania
    Attached Files
  • Bunkermania
    • Mar 2002

I also cannot open this one:
    Monsters.INC.Swe.DVDRip.DivX.avi

A picture of the file info is included here too.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

I launched it in VirtualDub and I got some error answers and it rebuild the index before it could open, but at least I could open it
      That indicates that the file is incomplete. Run DivFix on it and rebuild its index. That should enable you to play the file.

Perhaps your copy of Monsters Inc. suffers from the same problem . . .

Latest Xvid from koepi and nimo custom install + xvid under video.
      I was going to tell you to install only one version of XviD (preferrably the one from Koepi), but since it's working well, I'll leave it well enough alone.

Comment

• Bunkermania
        • Mar 2002

the strange thing is that my monsters inc copy has played without any problems before. I have rebuild it's index with divfix but still no go.
        I installed just XVID from koepi, but then I had no sound in the ring. After installing nimo I got the sound too, so maybe it was another decoder in the pack that did the trick on the sound.

I'll try to get my big fat greek wedding through divfix and see if it helps. Maybe it's just an incomplete download.
        Still mystery about Monsters Inc though, but I will just download a new copy of it. This time in mpg format. No XVID problem there I think.

Thanks for your help

Comment

• pythonmaxspliv
          • Feb 2003

Try this

Try this codec: http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/xvid.shtml
          Last edited by pythonmaxspliv; 4 Feb 2003, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...