Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • penguin
    • Jan 2003

Audio and Video out of sync

OK i've done 20 movies so far without this happening so i'd like to know how to fix it with VirtualDub. I use smartripper and dvdx to encode in divx 5.12

The first part of the movie is perfect, but after about 45mins you start to notice the video dragging behind the audio, i'm not sure if it increases with time, but i think at some point the audio just skips to the front and stays there.

What i would like to know is if any1 out there can tell me how or point me to a guide which shows how to fix this problem with VirtualDub (i only use this to edit my avi files, nothing else).

I think the problem stems from the fact that during the ripping proccess, the dvd stalled and i had to eject, when i put it back in i had around 1000 "bad blocks", and this somehow put a hole in the vob somwhere.

If any1 could help though i'd be very grateful.
  • penguin
    • Jan 2003

its ok no need to reply i fixed it. Found Nicky's guide to fixing the stuff and luckily it was only a displacement problem. Found that it skipped at exactly 57 mins, so i cut the movie in 2 files and set the audio forward 1/4 of a second in the second file, that did it. Saved it as a new file (3) then joined 1 and 3 together. All the cutting and joining is perfect as i would expect. This post is just if anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...