Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolomy
    • Jan 2003

wmp6.4 error: "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class"

I get an error message "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class" (I have no idea what this means) when attempting to play certain divx files in wmp6.4, wmp7 & 9 do not have the message but also fail to open the files I have also tried real player & the divx player with similar results, divfix does not correct the problem (it detects no errors either) although files will play in aj avipreview.
    I am not sure what caused it as I know at least one of the files used to play. I have divx 3.11alpha, 5.03 (5.02 same problem) & xvid installed, also tried angel potion which unsurprisingly failed horribly. I am fairly sure the videos are too old to have been encoded with xvid or divx5.x but I have many such videos and most of which play perfectly. File size does not appear to affect it either as they range from 6mb to around 500mb.
    I can't think of anything I have installed recently which could have affected them (except possibly directx 9 - if so then how to remove? 8.1 didnt want to install over it).
    computar machine = a7v333, athlonxp 1666mhz, 256mb, asus ti4200 gf4, around 2gb free space at the moment, win2000 sp3.
    any help muchly appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the file into VirtualDub or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• wolomy
      • Jan 2003

When opening in virtualdub I get a "reconstructing missing index block" window which, when it finishes is followed by "warning: virtual dub has reconstructed the index for this file, but you have not specified rekeying in the extended open options dialogue. seeking in this file may be slow". Possibly due to my stupidity I cannot find an option to enable this if indeed it is significant(presumably the file shouldn't have a missing index block anyway or it wouldnt have played before) anyway thank you for helping, see attatched jpg for the file information.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by wolomy; 31 Jan 2003, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"When opening in virtualdub I get a 'reconstructing missing index block'"

Your problem file may then be repairable as follows:

Open VirtualDub
        From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Open Video File" - and put a checkmark in the box next to "Popup extended open options". Then select your original problem file.
        Put a checkmark in the box next to re-derive keyframe flags
        Click on "OK"
        After VirtualDub has finished both re-deriving the keyframe flags and rebuilding the index, save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• wolomy
          • Jan 2003

Recompressing & saving in virtual dub has made the files viewable again, thank you muchly. Any idea what could have caused them to become unviewable in the first place? (I had been able to play all except the most recently downloaded before this started) anyone else have similar problems?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Recompressing & saving in virtual dub has made the files viewable again, thank you muchly."

My pleasure ;>}

"Any idea what could have caused them to become unviewable in the first place?"

Far too vague to even attempt to speculate...

Comment

Working...