Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rroach7076
    • Feb 2003

problems w/ playback of divx5 file w/ windows 98

i recently downloaded the nimo 50 build 8 that has the divx 5 codec to playback a divx 5 file...... when playing back the divx 5 file it brought it up but the picture was hazey,had lines through it and the audio was out of sync w/ the video... i was playing it back through the windows media player 7 and when installing used the basic installation.. i have windows 98....
    there is obviously a setting or a missconfiguration problem and i dont know how to bring up the controls of the nimo 50 build 8...
    please somebody help!!!
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Re: problems w/ playback of divx5 file w/ windows 98

Originally posted by rroach7076
    when playing back the divx 5 file it brought it up but the picture was hazey,had lines through it and the audio was out of sync w/ the video
    Sounds more like a poorly encoded file, than a playback problem.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• rroach7076
      • Feb 2003

problems w/ playback of divx5 file

i know the file is good from other friends.... a requirement of software for running the nimo 50 build 8 is microsoft direct x and dxmedia... i am wondering if my windows 98 contains that... also after installation a sign comes up saying "cannot import windows/temp/divx5.reg.error opening the file.there may be a disk or file system error".... i didnt really pay attention to that sign cause it was bringing the file up so i thought it was a matter of adjustment.. if i just knew how to bring up the controls(if there are any) to the nimo maybe i could make an adjustment... thanks a bunch for your attention... its apreciated....

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Uninstall the DivX 5 codec from Nimo. Download and install the stand-alone codec bundle from DivX.

Comment

• rroach7076
          • Feb 2003

playback problem w/ divx 5

im on the divx codecs page... i see the divx codec and the divx pro codec,,,, hate to be stupid but i dont see a stand-alone codec bundle like you worded it... maybe a little more specific... i just dont want to do something wrong... thanks again for your help

Comment

• rroach7076
            • Feb 2003

problems w/ divx 5 playback

also,,, the file im tryin to watch was done w/ divx 5... i dont think a mpeg 4 would play it back... the guy did it w/ 5

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

Download free DivX video software to play & convert video, including DivX, AVI, MKV, and HEVC. Easily play AVI and convert to MP4 (Windows)

For playback, purposes, the Free non-Pro DivX codec will do.

And by the way, the DivX 5.x codec, alongside with other incarnations of DivX codecs, are based on the MPEG-4 standard . . .

Comment

• rroach7076
                • Feb 2003

problem w/ divx 5 playback

i know this probably further shows my ignorance but how can i download it w/ out the playa... you know stand-alone as u put it...
                thanks for your help

Comment

• Enchanter
                  Old member
                  • Feb 2002

During installation of the codec, you will be presented with the options to install the DivX 5 codec with/without the Playa . . .

Comment

Working...