Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freeble
    • Feb 2003

XviD Will Not Load In VirtualDub/Nandub

When trying to open several xvid files in Virtual Dub or NanDub I get this message: "Couldn't locate decompressor for format xvid."

All same movie files open and play fine in ZoomPlayer and Windows Media Player 9.

Have no problem opening any other movie files in VirtualDub/NanDub.

How can I get the xvid codec asociated with Virtual Dub and NanDub?
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Have you installed the xvid codec (NOT FFDSHOW)? If you haven't, then install it.

Comment

• freeble
      • Feb 2003

Batman Is A Scholar And A Gentleman

You were correct. Installing an xvid codec did the trick. Where I went wrong was: 1. Thinking that if the xvid movies played, the xvid codec must be installed. 2. GSpot said "xvid codec is installed"

Two days ago I finished upgrading WMP and Zoom player to the newest versions. Point was to get multi language switching capabilities going on both players using mmswitch. After some hassle this was achieved. Everything worked player wise. Guess I never did have the xvid codec installed. Which raises the question; What was causing the xvid movies to play before I installed a seperate xvid codec?

Point of interest: When anything new is installed both players lose sound. the fix is to go into Zoom player, unassociate divx 4 & 5, then reassociate them. Stange that this causes the sound lose in Windows Media Player.

I also upgrade Nero to its' latest version. From the old version it left "nerocd95.vxd" This is known to cause problems on installs unless you rename it before the install and name it back after the install. I think with the new Nero installed I may be able to get rid of nerocd95.vxd.

Thank you for your quick and accurate answer.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Your welcome....anything for a gentleman such as yourself

Comment

Working...