Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ogre33
    • Feb 2003

DirectShow unable to play file...

I am trying to play back a couple of .avi files and so far can only see video, no sound. When trying to open file with WMP 6.4 - the player starts downloading the WMA codec but then says that codec did not work. Zoomplayer simply plays silent video. I enclosed the screen shot showing the fileinfo from VirtualDub as well as the GSpot analysis of the file.
    I have no problem playing other Divx or Xvid files that have MP3 audio.
    Would appreciate any help!
    Attached Files
  • digitaldick
    • Feb 2003

more about that.....

Hey ogre33- I just happened upon your post. I realize that it's been a long time since you posted and was wondering what, if anything, has happened? Hope to hear back from U! Sorry you didn't get any help!
    be humble....be wise!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Install the DivX v.3.11alpha codec. Included in that installation is the "DivX audio" (hack of WMA audio) codec ("Unknown[tag0161]" in your VirtualDub audio information)...

Comment

• digitaldick
        • Feb 2003

setarip- hoping to learn the reason for your suggestion that ogre33 install the 3.11 alpha codec when the GSpot Report says that the codec is installed?
        Also, did you notice that the GSpot finding differs from the VDub Report regarding the video decompressor information? One says that 5.0 is present while the other says that it is 3.0? Any thoughts on why this is so?
        be humble....be wise!

Comment

Working...