Sound out of sync, (but use to play well)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hotmagus
    • Feb 2003

Sound out of sync, (but use to play well)

When trying to play the file

Jackass.the.Movie.[TS.SCR2DivX5.02.English.by.Skater][wWw.TheShaRinG.eS.Vg].TCF.TSC.FN.avi

audio goes out of sync. It's not a 1 second problem, by the end of the movie, the last 15 minuts play without sound.

Strange thing is that it use to play OK, and then, I installed Nimo 5 beta 9, films started to play wrong, then I unistalled some codecs, then installed WMP9.... now it's all a big mess, I allready installed Tsunami in custom mode, all to default, and it goes out of sync in all players I've tried.

I thought it was a codecs problem, but gspot says it rendered well.

If anybody can tell me something about what to do, I will be very gratefull.

I adjunt a screenshot of gspot.
    Attached Files
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

load the file into virtualdub and see if any errors come up.
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Try the following:
      1. Load up AVI file in Virtual/nandub
      2. Set both Video and Audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy
      3. Under Audio, go to Interleave and input the appropriate value in the 'Delay audio track by x ms' box
      4. Go to File -> Save as AVI and give a name to the new file

In the case of the audio gradually getting more and more off-synch from the video, add the following step prior to saving the file:
      -. Under Video, go to Frame Rate and select "Change so video and audio durations match (you should see a value similar to the original frame rate).

p.s. Make a back-up of the AVI file and use that file for this method (just in case the problem lies elsewhere, not with the AVI, so you can revert back).

Comment

• Hotmagus
        • Feb 2003

Thanks Enchanter, it plays well now! the problem was that video went at 25fps and audio at 29.970, but don't know how could this happen, I really thought it played well before...

Comment

Working...