Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rusomadonnadvd
    • Dec 2002

WIDESCREEN conversion

Hello, i just wanna ask you, if you know how or with which software i can convert 4:3 size video (normal) to a 16:9 size (widescreen one) without cutting very much the video.

I mean, how can I cnvert normal full size video to a widescreen format one.

PD: Can you tell me too, how can I convert widescreen videos to full size videos too. please. 2 DIFFERENT explications please.

AND I DONT MEAN TRANSFER BY ONLY SQUEEZE THE VIDEO TO MAKE IT WIDESCREEN, I MEAN TRANSFER IT. or viceversa.
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The following assumes your videos are in .AVI format (DivX-compressed or otherwise):

(In VirtualDub, set "Video" to "Full Processing Mode" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy")

You can add top and bottom black bars (equivalent to converting 4:3 to 16:9) under VirtualDub by selecting the "Null Transform" filter and then clicking on the "Cropping" radio button. Make certain that the total number of lines of top and bottom black resolution is divisible by 16.

Select the same Video codec as was used to create the original .AVI and save with a new filename.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• rusomadonnadvd
      • Dec 2002

Ok but...

Ok i understand that, but if you see, i would be cutting the top and the bottom of the video. AND I DONT WANT THAT.

Thanks.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"i would be cutting the top and the bottom of the video."

ADDING bars as I've described does not crop off any of the image...

Comment

• rusomadonnadvd
          • Dec 2002

I tried, it cuts image

Hello, i've tried the method you told me, but anyway when i put the black bars i had to CROP = cut the image of the top and the bottom. so i understand you maybe have to crop something but not almost all video, because it wont be seen good.

PD: How can I transfer from a widescreen movie to a full size movie??

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

My apologies, I inadvertently directed you to the wrong VirtualDub filter for the procedure you desire (4:3 to 16:9). What I should have said was:

(In VirtualDub, set "Video" to "Full Processing Mode" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy")

1) Load you video into VirtualDub
            2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, click on "Filters", then click on the "Add" radio button and doubleclick on the "Resize" filter
            3) Set "New width" and "New height" to the SAME resolution as your original .AVI (In this example, I'm assuming it's 720x480)
            4) Put a checkmark in the box labelled "Expand frame and letterbox image - and enter a multiple of 16 in "Frame height" (Perhaps 208, or 192 to approximate 16:9 - which, in this example, will increase the height from 480 to 688 or 672)
            5) Click on "OK" to return to the "Filters" window

6) Once again, doubleclick on the "Resize" filter
            7) Set "New height" to 480 (This will reduce the ENTIRE image, including the black bars to 480 pixels of vertical resolution). Click on "OK" until you get back to the main VirtualDub window
            8) Save with a new filename

Comment

Working...