Upside down and backwards video...And some sound lag thrown in free of charge

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nonzero
    • Feb 2003

Upside down and backwards video...And some sound lag thrown in free of charge

Greetings - This is my first foray into the world of DVD>DivX ripping and encoding. Ive ripped 3 movies (Snatch, Essex Boys, Fast And Furious - All retail, UK, PAL) using the Gordian Knot package. The rip and encode all went fine. The problems are:

1) When playing back using WinAmp3 the picture is upside down and reversed. The picture problem is corrected in MediaPlayer

2) When playing in MediaPlayer the sound starts to lag behind the video after a few minutes of playback. If I pause the video then press start the sounds keeps up for a while then starts to lag again.

Im not really bothered about the upside down playback in WinAmp3, just curious as to why only my rips play like that. The MediaPlayer lag is the thing I want to fix. Apart from these quirks the rips look perfect, sound great and are the perfect size.

When I ripped the DVDs all of them had a 0 millisec lag time for the audio track. So when the files were "DivXified" I entered no time gap for the audio track. Seeing as the lag seems to temporarily fix itself upon pausing the movie I dont think its a mistimed audio file. Any ideas or help? Do I have to rerip the DVDs or can I fix the DivXs?

My machine is:

Sony Vaio RXG408
    P4 2.66
    512 DDR
    160HD

The software I used was:
    Gordian Knot ver 0.27 (DivX 3.11 codec)
    (DVD Decryptor 3.1.4.0, DVD2AVI 1.76 + various other parts of the Gordian ensemble)

Ive got the DivX 3.11, 5.02, 5.03, AC3 and FHG-Radium audio codecs installed on the machine.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Try using BSPLAYER.

Comment

• nonzero
      • Feb 2003

Ive just tried the latest download of BSPLAYER and if anything it makes the lag worse. Any ideas on why this is?

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Try using the FFDSHOW playback filter for playback of your file.

Comment

• DutchGuyJ
          • Feb 2003

Sloutions

Hi! I had the same problems. I read somewhere about a guy who installed a newer version of DirectX and then his problem was solved. This did not work for me. Something else did work though, even as it is nog logical to me... I switched my display resolution from 1024X768 to 800x600. The problem was then gone!

Strange but it worked for me... (My TV-out will send output in 800x600 anyway)

Comment

• DutchGuyJ
            • Feb 2003

Solutions...

Hi! I had the same problems. I read somewhere about a guy who installed a newer version of DirectX and then his problem was solved. This did not work for me. Something else did work though, even as it is nog logical to me... I switched my display resolution from 1024X768 to 800x600. The problem was then gone!

Strange but it worked for me... (My TV-out will send output in 800x600 anyway)

Comment

• nonzero
              • Feb 2003

Hey all, I found out that the problem was due to too many codecs and now only have DivX5 and 3 installed. Everthing fine and Im ripping with the best of them. Thanks all

Comment

Working...