X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CyCe
    • Jan 2003

TV-OUT problems??

Hi.
    I've got sum prblems with my tv-out Like about a month ago it just stopped working??....when I "transfer" from the screen to the TV-Out, i just get a black screen. Like there is no conenction between the tv and the computer??

And you know the cable that goes from the screen to the graphic card. At the end of the cable theres a conection with small "sticks" in it....thoose "sticks" are like bent and some of them are missing???....but does thetv-out really have something to do with the screen??

PLEASE help me...i miss my TV-out

//Cyce
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

1. Check that the cable is properly connected to both the TV input jack and card's TV-out port.
    2. Check that the appropriate TV-out software (nView for nVidia cards, for example) is installed, enabled and running.
    3. Assuming the cable you have has been damaged, it is a simple matter of buying another one at your nearest computer store and replacing with it the old cable.

Comment

• CyCe
      • Jan 2003

OKi this nview thing where can i see that??.....and what cable...the cable that goes from the tv to the tv-out or what??...and also do i have to have the audio cables in aswell becuse i dont have thoose??

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Originally posted by CyCe
        OKi this nview thing where can i see that??
        It is installed by default during the driver installation (part pf the Detonator pack) and its configuration wizard normally appears when a TV connection is detected.

Originally posted by CyCe

.....and what cable...the cable that goes from the tv to the tv-out or what??...and also do i have to have the audio cables in aswell becuse i dont have thoose??
        Yes. The cable that connects your TV-out post on the graphic card to the TV. From your description, it seems that you are using an S-video output. From the way you said how some of the pins seem to be broken or damaged, it would be a good idea to get a replacement (as I previously suggested).

The audio cables have nothing to do with the problem. They are only audio cables in the first place.

Comment

• CyCe
          • Jan 2003

K

OKi....but can i replace the pins only...or do i have to buy a whole new screen??.

Comment

• Hotmagus
            • Feb 2003

CyCe: "And you know the cable that goes from the screen to the graphic card. At the end of the cable theres a conection with small "sticks" in it....thoose "sticks" are like bent and some of them are missing???....but does thetv-out really have something to do with the screen??"
            If you mean the SCART cable connected on the TV with 20 pins ("sticks") on it, it is normal that some of them are missing, as not all of them are used in the audio/video transfering to the TV. See the attached img to see how a SCART/euroconnector cable looks like.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...