Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrishStratusfan
    • Feb 2003

DivX help

For quite sometime now, every DivX video I play gives me a black screen. I recently got the new DivX and I still get the black screen. Not only that, now none of my divX format videos will play on Windows Media Player. I keep getting errors. Does anyone know a codec that plays all videos? Or any other solution? Thanks
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

install the nimo codec pack and make sure you have the xvid codec.
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• digitaldick
      • Feb 2003

more about that.....

Hey TrishStratusfan- any news to report on your "black screen" playback? Did you try the Nimo Pack as suggested by chickeneater?
      You never posted any errors or anything else! Hoping to learn from your experience. Thanks.

be humble....be wise!

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Re: DivX help

Originally posted by TrishStratusfan
        For quite sometime now, every DivX video I play gives me a black screen. I recently got the new DivX and I still get the black screen. Not only that, now none of my divX format videos will play on Windows Media Player. I keep getting errors. Does anyone know a codec that plays all videos? Or any other solution? Thanks
        Reinstall the DivX codecs. You may consider downloading and installing the Tsunami codec pack (available from UncasMS's website), which has a large number of useful codecs.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Re: more about that.....

Originally posted by digitaldick
          Hey TrishStratusfan- any news to report on your "black screen" playback? Did you try the Nimo Pack as suggested by chickeneater?
          You never posted any errors or anything else! Hoping to learn from your experience. Thanks.

You were continually warned about not posting this kind of unhelpful "bump" (as you called it). Apparently all you care about is posting stuff like this WITHOUT ACTUALLY offering anything BENEFICIAL.

Comment

• TrishStratusfan
            • Feb 2003

Sorry for not posting soon enough. ^_^ It's all working fine. I'm able to see my videos again in the right quality and speed. No more black screen. Thanks very much!

Comment

• chickeneater
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Apr 2002

you're welcome
              FFDShow filters
              Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

Working...