Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redmaggott
    • Feb 2003

best codecs to use?

could anyone please advise me on the codecs i need to run my divx/xvid movies.do i have to download the divx player or can i just download the codecs and use real player/media player.i do not want a load of spyware on my system.are there any "lite" packs and are they any good?also a friend of mine downloaded an xvid codec that contained a trojan called w32.manifest.is there a safe xvid codec to download?should i just download the nimo codec pack or have i any other options?
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

you could try the nimo codec pack or the nimo "lite" codec pack. they are really good. you can run a movie in any .avi player. I prefer the WMP6.4, bsplayer(works best for xvid files), powerdivx...
    There arent any trojan horses in the new nimo codec pack. Not that me or my computer know of
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• redmaggott
      • Feb 2003

thanks for the advice.whats bsplayer and where do i find it?also,i have a movie called ringu(japanese original of the ring)that just won't play.avi preview will decode about 4 minutes that i can watch - video and sound,but it won't open in any player

Comment

• chickeneater
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2002

you can find bsplayer in the software section of divx-digest.com and WMp6.4 at
        start-->run-->"mplayer2.exe"(without the quotes)

wait for your nimo codec pack to install then try it.
        FFDShow filters
        Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

Working...