Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azazeal
    • Feb 2003

audio problems and subtitles as well

I've recently downloaded some old x-files episodes, which really made me happy cuz I'm such a silly bugger, and a huge fan. anyway, in all of my joy of seeing these old thingies I got quite sad when I realised I had a sound problem. the sound works perfectly, for about 6 minutes. then it dissapears. comepetely. if I press "stop" (I use PowerDVD, but I've tried with several programs) and jump to the place were it stopped it goes for another 6 mins, and then stops again. so basicly the sound stops after about 6 mins of playback, nomatter where in the file. I have this problem on all the episodes, and I friend of mine has this problem on his Band Of Brothers episodes as well.

the sound is ac3 and I've downloaded the latest codec, and GSpot v.2.1 informs me that there are no errors and that the sound codec works perfectly.

can anyone out there help me? this is a really anoying problem...

and conserning subtitles. I was to see 101. reykjavik, and since my islandish isn't so good these days I downloaded a subtitle. this was a .sub file. but, this file does not work with MDVDP. a friend of mine managed to get it to work in subviewer, so I downloaded the latest version. so, after that program ****ed up computer and made me reinstall windows I got it to work (the program, not the subs) because subviwer does not recognise this subtitle. and my friend was quite serious when he said he had made it work. but, when he downloaded the latest subviwer (3.061 or somtn) it didn't work anymore.
    can this be a problem? that old files doesn't work with the new version. and if anyone can recomend any other programs to see .sub files in I would appriecate that. I've tried with several programs to convert the .sub file to another format, but no luck. and I've downloaded the file 3-4 times from different places to make sure it was nothing wrong with it.

anyway, all help would be lovely and make me a really happy chap.. Pardon for my lousy english (typing) but we'll blame that one on the educational system in this hellhole of a country. ( I won't tell, I'll prolly be teased out of this forum.)
    Last edited by Azazeal; 20 Feb 2003, 10:29 AM.
  • Azazeal
    • Feb 2003

some new light on teh sound

I tried running the file with Nandub and then I got this message: "ACM failed to suggest audio decompression format."

now, not really knowing what this means I follow some advice someone posted here. I'll paste a screenshot of the file information, and hoping that some white knight will come and if not rescue at least help me..

cheerio
    Attached Files

Comment

• The Edge
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jan 2003

Welcome.....
      Your PowerDVD has a time restriction of 6min when watching media files. (Not registered, demo, I can't remember why)
      I found this out when using graphedit.....another story.....

Anyway, it's ac3 decoder is not being used as a directshow filter when your using regualer players like zoomplayer or bsplayer or whatever.

Download this free AC3 decoder and happy viewing. Don't use PowerDVD in this case.
      Keep us posted

Edge
      "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• Azazeal
        • Feb 2003

working

thanks for the help, allthough PowerDVD wasn't the problem (I somehow got a registered version... uhm.. maybe I bought it), but it helped with the new ac3 codec.. so I can enjoy this absolutely magnificent tv-show.. yippi..

now if anyone can figger out this subtitle problem of mine I'd be in hogs-heaven.

Comment

• The Edge
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Jan 2003

Download Vobsub and then rename the sub file the same as the avi.

e.g

My_Movie.avi
          My_Movie.sub

Vobsub will kick in as soon as you play the clip again.

Edge
          "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

Working...